cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT fibre having issues

Go to solution

Is BT having issues as my BB keeps dropping out every 5 minutes or so, it’s affecting my data rate speed which is 55/10 and dropping it to 41/10 and lower. My Noise margin is also being affected dropping from 12/10 to 6/5 which it shouldn’t be doing. 

BT status checker doesn’t tell you anything apart from everything is okay BUT it always tells you that as it never updates, downdetector and another site are saying BT are having issues which I seem to agree with as my BB is dropping and my connections are taking ages to connect when it finally comes back on. Can any Mod be honest and let me know please otherwise I’ll be phoning BT and leaving the company 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT fibre having issues

Go to solution

@Deucalion 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Quiet line test was fine, 0 noise whatsoever.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Target noise margin is 6.0 why do you think it shouldn't be dropping to that? If G.INP is activated downstream noise margin will drop to 3.0.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

On 55/10 the noise margin should be higher than 6. Mine shows 12/10 sometimes 14/12 the only time I get a 6 noise margin is when I’m on the fibre 2 package. Spoke to BT about this ages ago and they said that the high noise margin is fine on the profile I currently have, it only drops the SNR to 6 or lower when I go for a faster profile 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

AAEF635A-A6B6-4F32-8C1E-CB6B21510B47.jpeg

Is this what you wanted? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

E85A7995-9678-4B68-8EC8-BDFDB1254DFB.png

FE39A6BB-557B-4EE3-AD3D-6E8AB1E10345.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

the dslchecker shows you had a 76/20mb connection on 18/9/20 and with that you would have a noise margin about 6db.  you now seem to have gone back to fibre 1 with 55/10 mb connection speed and as your connection speed is well below attainable you will have a noise margin in excess of 6db probably about 12/10db all of which is normal

have your tried using the test socket to eliminate your internal wiring and master faceplate from causing the drops in internet connection?  have you tried a factory reset of hub to see if that helps?  remember if you do then turn off smart setup when hub reboots

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.