25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: BT fibre low speeds

You need to post hub/router stats

dslchecker results?

quiet line test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 26

Re: BT fibre

im on infinity upto 52 meg but my router is showing a low speed of 34998 is this banded again.

But max rate in router can get high 40s seen 46-47. I used to max out the adsl checker stats when first had infinity always hittng 50s

its not the first time been banded, whats going on BT?

tp link stats

Current Rate (Kbps)
Max Rate (Kbps)
SNR Margin (dB)
Line Attenuation (dB)
Errors (Pkts)

adsl checker

Screenshot (10).png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

the important information about internet connection time not system uptime is missing from the information you posted.  are you having problems with your internet dropping or manual resets or both as your conenction speed does look in banded profile.  this would only happen with drops in connection

what about quiet line test?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Hi @L3,

Have you tried the quiet line test as suggested? Please, could your reply with the information @imjolly has requested?

This will help to give us an indication of what can be done to improve the speed of your connection.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 26

Did the bt wholesale speed test thing

Download ip profile 30

Upload ip profile 10.

Did line test thing just little hissing, not crackly. 

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 26

The banding was  39998 and the now 34998.

Why am I keep getting banded, and getting poor speeds.

This below is router uptime of 12 days

Current Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)Errors (Pkts)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

Can you post full set of router/hub stats including internet connection time  12hrs  looks more like system uptime. Banding only normally happens with unstable connections whether that is router dropping internet connection or manual resets trying to improve connection speed or a combination of both

if you can hear any noise on quiet line test with corded phone then you have a line problem and need to report a phone fault to 151. However I would check quiet line test from test socket to ensure problem still exists and not caused by your internal wiring and avoid the £85 callout charge

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 26

I have no internal wiring router tp link is in living room direct to a BT face plate the new rounded version.  I have home plugs sending ethernet upstairs

Time:12 day(s) 06:14:12

DSL

Line Status:Connected

DSL Modulation Type:VDSL2

Annex Type:Annex A/B/L/M

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)Errors (Pkts)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 26

from memory the tplink shows system time not internet connection time

0 Ratings