cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: BT fibre

You are correct (currently on my TP link), it is system time not connection time. 

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 26

Cmon BT what's going on

Still at 34998, my max rate keeps going up and down from 47 meg and back low as 31.

Screenshot_20190710-163031.png

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 26

Screenshot_20190710-173631.png

Gone back to hub 5 from tp link temperly.

Been in contact with BT support apparently outside fault picked up. 

Been told I now can leave without charge with the 30 day thing, If BT can't fix it. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 26

now it is a matter of can you keep a stable connection or are you still dropping connection which is probably the reason you are currently in a branded profile

If you have line noise when doing quiet line test from test socket then report phone fault to 151  get that fixed and connection will be better and more stable 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 26

Today I had drop in router logs on my tp link 9980 leaving showtime, lcp down  this afternoon hence me calling BT and was told about the fault outside and she said I can leave in 30 days if BT cannot fix it.

BT support dublin  said it makes diagnostic checks and faults easier using the hub 5, so I temporally gone back to hub 5 from my tp link while this fault fixed/investigated.

I said on phone  want me plug hub 5 back in,  so gone back to hub 5 and look at speed now she said I can see it now.

I like my tp link as the hub 5 is missing features I use for gaming. Can I go back to it or keep hub 5 while this fault fixed

where is the dns  to use opendns or googles, where qos service to prioritise gaming

0 Ratings
Highlighted
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 26

Afternoon all.

Quick question looking on my router stats from tp link and hub 5. 

Looking at my max data rate should I be getting speeds of 46 - 47 

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 26

You should get close to 47Mb. Not with that noise margin though. As @imjolly  says you need your connection stable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 26

Yes, you will do when fault is fixed.

Leave hub connected until fault is cleared. Make sure engineer requests a DLM reset once fault fixed.

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 26

Thank you.

I been using a tp link 9980 for few years only up until yesterday I've gone back to hub 5 to investigate or fix this fault.

Even the hub 5 last night lost connection at 12 am and  3 am uptime of 175 mins. 

Thank you for all replys

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 26

At least with hub you can see connection time and how unstable your line actually is

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings