Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 26

Re: BT fibre

Evening all thought give you a update 

Had BT engineer turn up last Friday to look into this speed issue and the banding.

He took off the master socket and run some tests, found high amount some errors, but he said most important errors is top one.  The device he had seem to trace it back to the exchange, after he run it picked up on a spike in data which could be the issue. 

He then back tracked from master socket and where the line comes in from outside pole there is a BT box by the window. 

He took off cover off by box looked inside and found a wire that was broke and called in HR fault high resistance,  he then took insides out and just joined wires inside that mentioned BT box.

I've have also DLM reset and got my line max rate 48 meg,  my current rate today is 46.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

Great result

thanks for update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 26

Thanks

Here's some questions

What's better Tp link 9980  or homehub 5?. 

Think reading from stats the 5ghz on hh5 is 1300 to tp link 600, but hh5 lacks features.

Been back on hub 5 just over week is hub higher spec then tp link 9980

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 26

I'd use the TP-Link.

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 26

Hello

I had engineer out back in July 12th and he got my speeds upto 48. He run few tests with his handheld device and said I had spike in connection approx 60m from property. 

He found a HR fault in BT box by window and said could be that.  Sorted that BT box  and did a DLM reset and speed upto 48.

I'm still on hub 5 since beginning july and the hub 5 got habbit of re syncing every few days.  After engineer left my speeds max rate went 48 and snr on up and down around 6db mark 6.1, 5.9.

Now last night it didn't stop raining and my hub re synced and gone down to 42 meg and my SNR went upto 7.5. 

Is this normal, what's happening.

0 Ratings
L3
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 26

Can I go back to my tp link 9980 or is hub 5 any better?. Thoughts?. Hubs ok but pretty basic no QoS, no DNS, 

The hub 5 getting reboot every few days by commands I guess. 

. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:1 days, 08:14:59
6. Data rate:6618 / 42051
7. Maximum data rate:6618 / 46995
8. Noise margin:6.1 / 7.3
9. Line attenuation:34.0 / 22.8
10. Signal attenuation:35.7 / 21.3
11. Data sent/received:462.6 MB / 4.5 GB
0 Ratings