cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SRT
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

BT fibre plus and getting support calls from India - not UK!

I had a connection fault this time last year which was succesfully dealt with by dedicated engineer input involving d pole change etc and had good connections of 58 mbp (60 + at one time). Well two weeks back the connection started dropping - first to 56 mbp then now to 53 mbpSmiley Sad

I had also elected to take up the BT plus offer and this is now operating. I sent a complaint about my dropped connection following the deterioration in what I have had for twelve months or so and the engineer advised me then to monitor and not let anyone change my line back after he had gone up the pole, literally to sort it.

So now I had a text and call which i missed from some support chap in India (Sourav) and I have text back to say I am supposed to have UK support as I am on fibre PLUS which says clearly "Plus benefit : Dedicated UK Based Experts" and "Average 67Mb download speed. Average 18Mb upload speed"! Now I know I likely wont get the dowload speed of 67 but I dont expect the connection to deteriorate and also I also dont want the palaver of India support when I should get UK support. India plan to call back on Monday so can anyone clarify what I should do or maybe a MOD can assist like they did last year? Thanks. Stuart.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT fibre plus and getting support calls from India - not UK!

as long as your conenction is stable and there is no noise doing quiet line test - dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone - then this link should help https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Speeds-down-with-BT-Plus-Help-Anybody/m-p/1852879#M26...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SRT
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for that and link but no noise issues as far as I can tell but I still dont see why I am getting support calls from India as I have the PLUS service and its supposed to be UK support.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

it was not really to highlight noise problem more that the change of package to plus has reset your connection and once the connection settles then your previous speed should return but need to keep a stable connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JerryLee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I had same isue - see my thread.

2 weeks, only interrupted connection when Openreach using test socket ... did not improve at all when left.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Why-would-quot-upgrade-quot-from-Infinity-1-to-Superf...

0 Ratings
JerryLee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Also, all support calls I made / got were from UK - Swansea mainly, one in Ireland, and one west midlands!

Chat IS still based in India for 2018.

0 Ratings
SRT
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

I suspect my earlier calls were from India due to my reporting the issue before i took up the plus thing. Interestingly calls have since ceased and nobody has emailed. I will await the DLM but have a fear its similar to last year - - - except i am now paying more Smiley Sad

I shall be glad when bt finally do us all a favour and put some effort into addressing the fibre to home or whatever as there is no way I would dream of taking their tv service - I get milked already because I have sport and shockingly I have an HD tv so that's  extra ! I also have 4k too but wont get it through bt.

0 Ratings