cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT full fibre 900 installation help

Hi all 

my first post so all go easy on me . 
I decided to take the plunge and update from 70mg broadband to full fibre 900 . Which installation took place on the 27th December. A quick run down or what happened . I have two poles outside my property . One on the front where my copper is which has fibre ports on it and another pole at rear with fibre ports on it . As my property is very long and would want my router in the same place would mean connection the fibre off rear pole . Open reach wanted to put it on the front pole same as my copper line . As he could see he couldn’t get my router in same place with going off the front pole . He spoke to this line manager o suppose  and come back and said his happy to connect off rear pole . I was like lovely . He was like I have to get routing changed few hours at most or maybe tomorrow . So i agreed to connect off rear pole . All completed and left me with a connection where he said he could see light but Ont had a red pon light . Spoke to Bt the next working day and they said a survey on the line is 10 working days which will be the 10th January from openreach.  Then come back to me with a plan of action and more time scale I would imagine . Any one else had any issue like mine above ? 

If I knew all this and open reach guy said it be 10 to 20 days or more to sort I would gone off the front pole as planned . This said it having a survey on line and mentioned something of a re route .

update is due on 10/11 Jan from openreach

anyone else got any inside for me or the process to sort my full fibre out 

regards 

David 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT full fibre 900 installation help

As your property was allocated a port on the CBT at the pole on the front of the property following the original survey before FTTP was installed in your area you'll just have to wait for the re-route by Openreach. There is no way of short cutting it.

At least they are willing to do it for you. Normally you would only be supplied from the same pole as your copper connection.

If the rear of your property coud be serviced by copper from the front, I cannot see a reason why Fibre could not achieve the same.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi thanks  for the message . If I knew it be a this much of a pain I would said yea just go off the original pole at the front . 
the configuration of the properties . Is a row of massive house split in to ground floor flat and top flat . All the ground  floor flats are served by the front pole . All the top flats are served but the rear pole . So my neighbour has a copper line going in hers from the rear pole .  She lives above me and we share the same front door and rear garden area

Bt saying survey being done on the line on 10th Jan by openreach and heard other bt customer services talk about reroute 

what’s the kind or process to get sorted and time scale.  Suppose now it’s been installed in property drilled through and connected up everything and to the pole . They try get this resolved asap. I would imagine 
Didn’t realise this would be pain to get sorted . 

Dave 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

If you have a Red Loss Light that means the other CBT has No Light from the Head End Port.

Even with the Re-Route you should at least have a Flashing PON Light.

Its possible the CBT on the Pole they have fed it from is from another PON Build that hasn’t been fully Built and or Commissioned yet.

Aso if the CBT they’ve put it onto is fed from another Head End Slot then it may need a NAD Key Reset as you can only do Re-Routes from the same Head End Slot.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

So if I reboot the Ont power light flashes green then goes solid green.  then pon goes red for a few seconds then starts flashing green for a couple minutes then goes red then will just stay red . Every now and again I noticed pon light flash green quickly then goes back to red .  I’ve also tried powering up ont without fibre cable installed and just goes straight to red pon light and doesn’t flash green at all 
when the openreach installed the cable to pole and see the red pon light . he stuck his meter on it and Said the connection has got good light . What ever that means . He said light has to be between 13 and 27 I think he said and mine was either 17 or 17.5 . Which he said was fine . My flat above me (big house converted into two flats  would get fibre from rear pole as her copper goes to that pole .  I wonder what response I get back from bt or openreach . Bt was basically needs a reroute just got to wait for openreach to do it . Way they all talk is like happens alll the time . 

dave 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

All good news today . Mrs phone and said the copper internet died . I said go check the pon light on the Ont and see if it’s green. To my surprise it solid green 

Lovely 😀👍

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

So has this good result just happened spontaneously, or did Openreach carry out some remedial work?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Must been remote work done . Local to pole or exchange or something .  I was told 15th January for another update . But today all on and connected and copper line dead 

Message 9 of 9

Front pole couldn’t service the rear of the property . Only the front 

rear pole only serviced property above mine 

any ways I managed to get it sorted and working on the rear pole full fibre 900. Nice little upgrade from 63mbps . 

0 Ratings