cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
munro7
Message 1 of 4

BT hub 5 flashing orange then a B on extension socket.

Hi i've just moved into a new house,BT moving across as been a shambles it's taken your head office to sort out .Anyhow the broadband became active on thursday,it works on the master socket no problem in the hall,but not on the one I one I want to work on in the living room i.e the extrnsion socket.

When i plug it in it flashes orange and then a flashing orange B ,why is this can anyone help.The previous owner bt hub worked from there no problem,can anyone help.

No way i'm paying for a BT engineer considering the utter shambles my house move as been handled.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT hub 5 flashing orange then a B on extension socket.

Do you have a SSFP master. fibre SSFP.jpg

If if so the Internet will not work in other sockets unless wired specifically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
munro7
Message 3 of 4

Hi yes thats what my master socket looks like,I don't understand on a previous visit to buying the house

he had the hub plugged into the extension socket.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

normally when using a MK3 master the only socket that your router will work in is the top socket of the master  you can wire an extension to be used but need to use a filter   you would need to conenct extension to the 2 terminals where the yeloow arrow is pointing  it may affect your conenction speed using extension and not master

test-socket-thumb.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings