Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seripa1987
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT infinity 1 - activation problem

Hello All,

Ok, on the begining of month I've ordered Bt infinity 1. It was supposed to be activated on 18/08/15.

Got the bthub5 type a on 14/08/15 and connected it on Saturday evening. Got a blue light and connection after midnight on that day (at least that's when I checked). I went to sleep after checking it for half an hour. No connection in the morning. I didn't complain as it shouldn't be active anyway.

On 18/08 I got a text message that it's active. BT hub 5 was glowing orange with an orange "b" on the silver bar. Still no connection. I phoned up the helpline - they registred a fault and told me that it will be sorted on 19/08/15. On 19/08/15 it wasn't sorted so I phoned them up again. THey told me the engineers are working and gave me no more info apart of that it will be done on 20/08/15 before 6 pm. On 21/08 i finally got some information - that they need to change a card in my cabinet because I got a fault on line. I contacted them again on monday and got informed that the card will be exchanged today. Ok someone came in the morning, did some stuff on the pole near my house and on the cabinet. 2 cars in total + 1 in the afternoon. Still not working, so I'm phoning them up again just to get an engineer booked for 27/08 between 08:00-13:00.

I'll pass here on all the lies that I was told on the "helpline" and chat. I already put complaints about it (never got an anwser though from 20/08/15

I attach the screens as taken today at 22:30 - maybe someone can tell me something from them?

bt1.jpgbt2.pngbt3.png

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT infinity 1 - activation problem

Looking at the HH5 stats, it seem that you are now connected just fine. The event log entries are normal.

Connect your computer to the home hub using an Ethernet cable, and it should work.

0 Ratings
Seripa1987
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Had the hub connected to ps4 by cable all the time.

Maybe it connects some time at night that's why I get the download of 8,6 gb? (PS4 automatically starts downloading updates when it gets a connection) .

Anyway connected to PC by ethernet cable. It show that I have a connection and it's not limited but I can't open anything, pings time out and modem still has orange lights on. 

I'll have an engineer visiting tomorrow (hopefully) but I'm just curious what could be the reason of this happening? 

Another thing, maybe I'm reading something wrong but doesn't it show that I'm capable of getitng 80/20 speeds? I was set up as 40/10 by the sale team.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@Seripa1987 wrote:

Had the hub connected to ps4 by cable all the time.

Another thing, maybe I'm reading something wrong but doesn't it show that I'm capable of getitng 80/20 speeds? I was set up as 40/10 by the sale team.  

Thats the limit for Infinity 1.

You would have to be on Infinity 2 to get the full speed.

0 Ratings
Seripa1987
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

No one ever told me I can have Infinity 2. They said that maximum capacity is 40/10 on my line. Am I reading something wrong from that availability checker?
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 6 of 9

According to your hub stats you should get the max for Infinity 2.

0 Ratings
Seripa1987
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

I asked for the best option in my area. They told me it's 40/10 Bt Inifinity 1 Unlimited + Weekend Calls.

Who can I contact  now to get it upgraded? (After I get it running in the first place of course). I wanted the fastest option (I got a lot of broadband hungry devices) and they sold me something sub-par.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 9

Just ring sales and ask to be upgraded.

0 Ratings
Seripa1987
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Will defo do that right after they get the broadband working in the first place.  

I'm just curious and a bit shocked that they sold something cheaper and worse than they could. 

0 Ratings