cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zepzod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT infinity 2, Poor upload speed, Disconnections and Drop wire issues.

Hi, Please could any of you guys help me out here. Firstly my upload speed is not in the range as estimated by the checker when i ordered Infinity 2. It was installed 2 weeks ago and the upload speed is showing now improvement at all but i am happy with the download speed if it keeps at the speed it as been since installation. My HH5 is showing it is disconnecting daily ?. Also when i was on ADSL i had problems with my drop cable on my premises, it goes from a junction box at the eaves to the master socket. The drop cable was fitted in the 70s and is the old type grey flat twin cable. The last time i had a problem with it he BT engineer told me it will be changed when i get Infinity installed to meet cable requirements. So when the contractor came and connected me to Infinity 2 weeks ago i mentioned what the previous BT engineer said about the cable but he was not interested in that at all. He told me his job was to connect me at the cabinet and plug in my HH5. When he seen the blue light was on the HH5 he said thats it job done. When i looked at the maximum data rate logged into the HH5 it was showing 49648 down and 4309 up. I have attatched the information you may need to see whats happening regarding the upload speed and any help on the drop cable issue would be much appreciated.

0.5miles from cabinet

3 miles from exchange

Previous ADSL speed 1.5 down   0.3 upCapture 4.PNGCapture 3.PNGCapture 2.PNG 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Zepzod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT infinity 2, Poor upload speed, Disconnections and Drop wire issues.

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Yeah, that's a poor quality sub-contractor install. You should ring the helpdesk and ask them to send a proper Openreach engineer to replace the drop wire.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Zepzod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Phoned BT broadband and spent around 25mins and got nowhere, in the end the advisor in India said thats the upload you will get and did not know anything about disconections. Also gave me a number for Openreach  0800 0232023  for the drop wire issue i called them and they said i need to speak to my broadband provider. So where do i go from here ???.Man Mad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

Maybe a Mod can help
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi Zepzod

Send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile, it will ask you for the information we need to help further.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Zepzod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

No improvement only getting worse, I had a engineer visit over a week ago and changed the drop wire and reset the line. The speeds both down and up we're getting lower and I was getting several disconnections a day. Since Saturday I have had no connection. The phone line has a constant humming and occasionally when i use it you can hear another conversation from another line. I reported this on Sunday morning and a engineer visit was booked for Wednesday pm. Had the day off work to be present when the engineer visited. And to no surprise at all the engineer did not turn up , This is the second time it has happened to me with BT. So then I spent nearly a hour on the phone again to ask why the engineer had not visited. I was not given a explanation why, the BT advisor said he will contact Openreach tomorrow and call me back with a reply. So I guess from day one of having Infinity installed I have had a line fault which should have been looked into at a earlier time and I would not have had continuous disconnections and drops in speed, and the upload issue. So I am not happy with this situation at all and expect to get my line repaired and reliable also the speeds as estimated by the Bt checker when I ordered a month ago. Also compensation for inconvenience of having no connection and wasted time off work with no engineer visit.😡😡😡😡😡
0 Ratings
Zepzod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

As mentioned in my previous post weeks later I am still in the same position with the same problems. Noisy phone line, no internet connection. I have had two engineer visits both diagnosing as the fault being a line card in the fttc cabinet. It seems Openreach are in no rush to repair it. I had a engineer turn up on Monday morning without been told he was coming. He was totally unaware of my problems and said he had come to check a noisy line, complete waste of my time and there's. Then I was told I have a engineer booked for Thursday AM (yesterday) and once again no engineer turned up. Does anyone know what's happening ?. I am very disappointed with BT they still keep billing me but not providing the services I pay for.😡😡😡😡
0 Ratings