Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d3l3rium86
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT infinity 2 Speed issue

Hi all,

Reading the forum I see there seem to be a lot of speed related issues kicking about, would just like to know if any you have any ideas or suggestions. I am not sure whether this would constitute a call to BT Tech.  

Before I ordered infinity 2 I checked my speed on the BT web site and was quoted

Download speed: 30.3Mb

Upload speed: 5.9Mb

Speed test on various sites including the BT whole sale speed test were putting my Download speed at around 25Mb and upload between 2.5 –3 MB , this was a speed I was willing to accept. However this only lasted for the first 7 days or so, my speed has gradually diminished and is now sitting at around 18.5Mb which is a little bit harder to accept.

I should point out I have had no connection issues at any point and have a wirded connection, I know the line needs time to settle in and set the appropriate speed suitable for my line, just find this hard to believe my speed is going to settle over 10Mb less that the quoted speed, surely there must be something wrong.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated  

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT infinity 2 Speed issue

What you need to do is find your IP Profile and keep your eye on that. If it falls to less than half the estimate you have a good case to report a fault.

To get your IP Profile go to www.speedtest.btwholesale.com, run the speed test, and then proceed to run the Further Diagnostics. This should display your IP Profile but it doesn't always work.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
d3l3rium86
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Thank you for the reply.

Yeah it has been working when i checked IP profile is showing every time with out any issues, at first my profile was in the 26Mb region now like I say not so great.

Just a little bit of a pain getting watching my speed go down. All so don’t know if it would make a difference but just before I had infinity installed moving over from BE, there was a fault on the line I think the engineer said the cable near the cab may have had water damage, he moved my line over to a stopped line which fixed my line fault and my BE broadband speed returned to a modest 6Mb be for moving over to BT. It may be a recurring issue. Whatever my speed I get very little fluctuation in the speed, all most no existent.

But then again would I get a consistent speed with very little peaks and tro

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

So what is your IP profile right now?
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
d3l3rium86
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Am at work at the moment, but when I checked first thing this morning it was 18.5Mb

the upload never seems the change which I find odd.

thank you again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

The IP Profile on the Upload isn't used in the same way, that's just set to the maximum for your product so you can tell if you're on Infinity1 40/10 or Infinity2 80/20.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
d3l3rium86
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

I am on Infinity2 80/20

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

I think your Upload IP Profile should be 20.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
d3l3rium86
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Yes it is.

I guess it would be best to maybe post a screen shot when I arrive home?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 11

Doesn't really matter, as long as you can see your IP profile you just have to monitor it. It should rise and fall depending on errors and disconnections. If there are none, it will rise.

If it continues to fall you probably have a line fault and will need an engineer to fix it.
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings