cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ethankeating00
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT infinity 2 home hub 6 reset twice within 10 mins and speeds have dropped from 75 download to 38?

At around 5pm today I was playing a game only one in the house and my internet restarted on its own? The only times it restarts is every 5 days at 8:30PM So i knew it was unusually, so after the first restart i right away did a speed test and my speeds were fine. about 5 minutes after that it restarted again and so I did another speed test and my speeds dropped to 38 download and my maximum data rate dropped to around 48000 when it was 90000. I preformed at hard reset and speeds went up slightly I went from 38 down to 47  and upload went from 10 to 16  but im still not getting the full 80/20 I had! I had an issue like this last year in october which was fixed and not had an issue fixed! any help please?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
McSure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT infinity 2 home hub 6 reset twice within 10 mins and speeds have dropped from 75 download to

HaveHthe same issue except mines been off and on for the past 2weeks was getting 79/20 spoke to bt technical today who apparently fluhed and reset the network connection now im connected but at 62/20 not happy!!!!!! 

0 Ratings
ethankeating00
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Re: BT infinity 2 home hub 6 reset twice within 10 mins and speeds have dropped from 75 download to

Yeah last time in october an engineer came out and did DLM reset and fixed things! I'm gonna leave my internet to settle for a few days to see if that sorts things
0 Ratings
ethankeating00
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Still no luck after a couple days speeds very slowly starting to decline! Last time I had this exact issue last year was fixed with a DLM reset. After some researching i heard it is no possible for it to remotely be done without calling out an engineer! Anyone able to help with that?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @ethankeating00

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

Sorry you're having problems with your broadband speed again.  I recall it was myself that gave you a hand with this last year.  I realise it has been a few days since you posted.  How is your broadband speed performing now?

Post back and let me know.  If you are still having problems I can give you a hand from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ethankeating00
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

issue has been fixed! Only 1 thing I noticed is now my maximum data is at 76000 it used to be 90K-100K I know it won't matter but sometimes it dips below 70k lowering my speeds slightly 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for letting me know @ethankeating00

Great to see the issue has been fixed.  There could be a few reasons why the maximum data has decreased but as you said it doesn't matter as it's not affecting your actual connection speed.

Cheers,

Robbie

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ethankeating00
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

if the speeds start to dip because of it i'll let you know! thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

You're welcome @ethankeating00  Smiley Happy

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings