cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neenshine
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

BT infinity 2, the upgrade from hell

Last month I upgraded from normal broadband to infinity 2. I was told I don't need to do anything and on the activation date I would restart my hub and I would have super fast fibre.

On my activation day my internet went down for two hours and it came back up slightly quicker, not the 86meg I was hoping but it was day one and I gave it time to settle. After just one week of slow speeds I started getting drop outs, then the net would come back. After 2 days of this it dropped again and never came back, an engineer visit was arranged for the Saturday, an hour before he arrived the internet worked again. The engineer done his checks anyway and said it was fine, then an hour after he left it went again, that was 8 days ago now and I'm still no closer to any resolution.

In that time I've had the worst customer service in my whole life, I've been told to replace my microfilters, try wired connection to my computer and to unscrew my open reach socket and use the test line. Even though I knew none of these were even an issue I complied as I wasn't given any more advice until I tried what I was told. After 2 hours of calls over a few days and being put on hold numerous times (55 mins at once was the record) I finally got an engine visit booked, I was threatened with with £120 fee many a times too. The engineer was set for the Thursday and on Tuesday I got a text saying they found a fault with the network and cancelled my appointment, it would be fixed by Friday and I'd receive a text. Friday came and no fix and no text, after multiple calls and explaining every time what my issue was I was told the issue was fixed and I should have internet. Booted my hub and still no internet, they said I need an engineer out so they booked it for Tuesday, I also asked to speak to a manager and was told I can't, but can arrange a callback for Sunday. Sunday came and no callback, I again and explained everything for the 15th time, he told me a voice mail was left on both my land line and my mobile. I told them when I requested the callback not to use the land line and no voice mail or missed call was left on my mobile, so another lie.

I've had over 15 calls, I've requested 4 callbacks by phone or text and never received any, I've paid for new microfilters and cables, I've cancelled two days of work losing out on pay for my engineer visit to be cancelled and I feel like I've been lied to constantly. I've ran out of data on my phone now and I'm paying £6.50 for every 500mb.

I just want someone to own my case and to help me resolve it, it's driving me around the bend how infuriating bt customer service is. It's like they just ignore everything and pretend it doesn't exist and they get away with it. I've looked at ofcom but there won't take individual complaints.

Can anyone help me, please!?

Regards,
Nic
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: BT infinity 2, the upgrade from hell

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 21

From your post can I Assume your phone is working OK?

Is there any noise on phone line. Try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone 

What colour are hub lights when you try and connect?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Neenshine
Beginner
Message 4 of 21

I don't own a landline phone so I haven't checked.

The hub lights are a steady orange power light with a flashing red b.

I can connect to my router and the connection there is fine, although the hub has no internet connection.

Regards,

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

without using a phone there is no way of knowing if you have a line fault
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

You need to borrow a phone or invest £5 at argos and get a landline phone so you can check to see if you have a dial tone. If there is no tone that will explain why your broadband does not work and that you need to phone 151 and get a phone engineer not  a broadband engineer 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Neenshine
Beginner
Message 7 of 21

Thanks for the replies, I wish I was told this on one of the many many phone calls I made.

Regards,

Neenshine
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

I have a phone, the quiet line test is quiet and I can make in and outbound calls.

So this will be a broadband fault then and the engineer will need to fix it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

Looks that way.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

phone customer services and get engineer visit now you can show phoneline is ok

0 Ratings