cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 29

BT infinity 2

So I have bt infinity 2. I get an download of 50mb at best and more importantly UPLOAD of 8mb witch is at best it's uselly about 5-6. Now I get that most people don't notice stuff like this but I specifically got this package for the upload as I live stream on twitch at 1080 60fps and just to stream it. It takes everything the connection has and that's without anything else running. I Spoke to live chat and they blamed my devises saying they carnt handle it. Ummm what??? I'm annoyed that I never kept a copy of my conversations because they are rude to people and say pushy insulting things... So what I'm asking is what the heck do I do. As they say it's my fault? I've never been told such twoddle in my life. Thanks for reading
0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 29

Re: BT infinity 2

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Which BT home hub are you using?

Could you please post the results from the BT Wholesale speed checker, including the further diagnostics.

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 29

I carnt do it from my phone and I'm not able to use the computer at the min but I can tell you the other day I did the test and got 50 down and 8 up and 23 ping. I'm using by smart hub type a
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 29

What does the checker show, you can do that from your phone. What speed were you guaranteed when you signed up for Infinity2?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 29

The Broadband availability checker is not a test, it will give you your estimated line speed. Ordering Infinity 2 won't give you 76/20 unless your line will support it.

Enter your phone number into the checker and post a screenshot of the result. Remember to remove you phone number before posting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 29

Screenshot_20180118-160919.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 29

You will need to display the information from your home hub, but that has to be done from a computer.

You can use this direct link from a computer.

Please use this link to display the Smart hub (HH6) connection information

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 29

Home hub.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 29

Your upload connection speed is 10Mbs, so your actual upload speed, peaking at 6Mbs, is about the best you are going to get.

The BT Wholesale speed test will be a better indication.

You are wasting your money on Infinity 2, as your line cannot support the speed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 29

wholesales test.png

0 Ratings