Message 11 of 27

Re: BT infinity 2

Thanks.  Will check later.  

0 Ratings
mejon1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 27

Took the faceplate off and did another quiet test, no noise on it, also had to find a filter to plug into it for the router wire, it went to orange with a flashing red b.        

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 27

Just to confirm, there was no connection in the test socket, but there is otherwise?
0 Ratings
mejon1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 27

There is a phone connection via the master socket.   But could not get the router to work with the ADSL  filter when plugged into the master socket.   

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 27

Sounds like an incorrectly wired master socket, as a microfilter plugged into the test socket, and the phone and home hub plugged into the microfilter, should work, as that would be the normal default for someone without a filtered socket.

infinity_test.jpg

It may take a minute or so for the home hub to sync up.

mejon1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 27

Does it matter that the picture posted doesnt look like the bt socket I've got?  Mine has a rj11 input on the top and a phone connection under it.   Its been working great for the couple of years its been in, but just lately the speed has dropped.   

0 Ratings
mejon1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 27

As I said i plugged in the phone and the router to the filter and had them in the master socket and the phone worked but the router just went to orange and a flashing red b.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 27

That picture simply shows what it looks like without the filtered faceplate which is fitted over the top. That is what you removed to get to the test socket I hope. So that is the way you should run the test.

This is what you have when you put it all back together again.

socket6.jpg

0 Ratings
mejon1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 27

Just went and done it again took the faceplate off and connected the filter in,  phone in one and router cable in the other,  get the dial tone on the phone but the router just goes to orange with a flashing red light.  

0 Ratings
mejon1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 27

Maybe I should see if I've another filter somewhere. 

0 Ratings