cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 27

Re: BT infinity 2

Did you remove the middle section like I said shown by yellow arrow otherwise internet will not work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mejon1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 27

Ok I  have removed the piece where the yellow arrow is pointing to and all there is behind are two thin pieces of metal.  I think i will leave it for now and let the engineer sort it out on Thursday, so thanks for the help.

Another thing while I am here, was out this morn and have noticed a tree  has slipped down the embankment and is resting on a bt fibre wire.   Is there a email address I can report it?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 27

there is obviosly something odd with your master socket.  when you slip off the section shown by the yellow arrow you should now be left with the main part of the master socket with the test socket exposed. the hub should work when conencted there with a filter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mejon1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 27

Removed the plastic where the yellow arrow is pointing and there is just two small thin metal pieces.    But thanks for the help anyway and hopefully it'll be sorted soon.   

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 27

That's the wrong section. It's the part where the black arrow is pointing to. You need to test using the test socket to prove the issue is not with any internal wiring.

0 Ratings
mejon1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Tested where the black arrow is pointing also, had to find a filter for that one.  Did a quiet test but the router was just orange with a red b flashing.  Just a thought, is there a master socket for testing the broadband as it is the port above the master socket for the phone?   And is wired in already by the bt engineer when he first installed it?   It doesnt go off when i remove the faceplate it to see the master socket.  But the phones in the house go off.   

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 27

If you have no connection in the test socket, then your master socket is incorrectly wired. You'll need an engineer to fix that.
0 Ratings