cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve1412
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT=infinity=India=disgraceful

for 10 days now. my infinity and BTvision have been barely useable, as they are again tonight. i am sick to death of having to speak to patronising pakistani's all because BT refuse to pay staff a decent wage to have an english speaking customer service dept.

for the last 6 days i have speedtested at Indias request and just as tonight, i have a speed result as follows,

0.19 download

0.02 upload

0.00 ping latency

if i ask for an engineer to call and check on the problem, i have been told by the patronising pakistani lady that i am likely to be charged £90 for the pleasure of the engineer trying to restore my product to its advertised settings.

super fast broadband, my **bleep**. i am profiled at 73mb and my acceptable speed is above 21mb, but according to BT India i should pay £90 to achieve this. I ALREADY PAY MONTHLY £44 for the dis- pleasure of BT. My 'to do' list for tomorrow = cancel my direct debit to BT and never associate with such a shoddy company EVER again

9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT=infinity=India=disgraceful

that is a standard warning if the problem is caused by your internal wiring after the master socket or your own equipment any other call out is free

are you using a wired or wireless connection?
0 Ratings
stanway
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I now how you feel, i to have spent hours over the last 2 weeks to tech support, if you listen everything you say gets typed out into their computer and that gives them the answer, they might aswell use the chimps at monkey world they probley have more sense.

0 Ratings
steve1412
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

i am wireless and wired.i have just come off the phone after complaining to India AGAIN. wife is pulling her hair out trying to watch Vision, but it has froze and gone off line yet again.

BT I ndia took remote access of my laptop and did a wired and wireless test

wired =

6.25mb download

3.66mb upload

23.47 ping

wireless =

1.22mb download

0.13mb upload

0.44 ping

India stated that my I.P profile for my line is 58mb(in my dreams).........and their relpy was "to monitor it"

Absolutely disgraceful and uncaring attitude towards customers. shame on you BT

0 Ratings
pricew1970
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

They are useless I have been on the phone for 2 hours so far not one of the "tech" team seem to have a clue or are being vague on purpose !!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 10

@stanway wrote:

if you listen everything you say gets typed out into their computer and that gives them the answer,

I am afraid that is how all help desks are nowadays. Have you ever rung NHS direct?  They use the same method to diagnose problems, and they are dealing with peopls lives and not just a slow broadband connection.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
pricew1970
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

well 3hrs last night on phone to India before they managed to find out I had a contract for BT infinity !!!!!!!!!

And thats the tech support  !!!!????!!!!!, they told me to call back this morning !!!!!!

Anyone thinking of taking up this service read this thread !!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
steve1412
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

yes but NHS do not rob me of £44 a month for such a rubbish service, however BT do

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi Steve,

It does sound like you have had a bit of a nightmare trying to get your Infinity Broadband sorted. I would like to take a look at this for you as there is clearly an issue with your connection.

Please could your send me in your details using the lin found in the "About Me" section of my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
kia1
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Congratulations Steve,

looks like some one connected to BT may at least look at your issue instead of ducking out.. Really poor that we have to resort to complaining on forums when BT have a tech help line.

why don't BT have a UK based tech centre??? Perhaps Paddy may wish to answer that.

0 Ratings