cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emma0175
Beginner
Message 11 of 24

Re: BT infinity connection in Milton Keynes.

I live in Sandy and currently subscribed to BT Infinity and I am experiencing the same.

Friday 11th my hub was showing as not connected to Broadband so, Friday evening I called the support people who done a check and told me there was an issure and somebody would call me within 24 hours...I waited in most of Saturday and no call so I phoned again. I was told an engineer would be able to come out to my home on Monday 14th. This is now 4 days with no internet. I had to get my mother in law over to stay in as they would come between 1pm and 6pm. I get a call from her at 4pm to tell me someone had called and that they won't be out until Today between 8am and 1pm. I went home lunchtime and still nothing...oh and the best thing was they actually told me that nobody needed to be in as they fault is with the outside box...This is now day 5 and I have told them that I am not paying for the downtime!!

I'm not fully satisfied with BT infinity at the best of times but this has just taken the P*ss.

0 Ratings
dahorn
Message 12 of 24

Hey emma0175, it sucks to here you have been having problems with infinity aswell.

However, as we are from different areas and it sounds like your fault is different from ours you are probably best off creating you own seperate thread and asking for help there.

0 Ratings
dahorn
Message 13 of 24

My connection has been restored as of  around 16.30, hopefully it will last.

I am curious to hear if Chrissy76's connection is up and running again aswell.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Hi emma0175,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having with your BT Infinity service.  I can help you from here.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Gefferz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

I'm also in MK, Bletchley, and have had a disrupted service since Sunday: could get no emails, but bizarrely Asherons Call still worked.

It's come back now, but you might want to check your download and upload speeds. Mine are awful.   I'm hoping this will recover overnight. At the moment, it's more like the old ADSL, with wildly varying download speeds, but generally 1Mbps to 8Mbps.Website behaviour is also erratic, not always finding the pages first time.

So ... a shadow of its former self and not acceptable as Infinity. It also just hiccupped disconnected and reconnected, so I am guessing work is still progressing somewhere on the network. I guess we'll have to wait and see over the next day to see if things improve.

0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 24

I'm also in MK, Bradwell in my case therefore the Wolverton exchange.   I can't honestly say I've noticed anything at all untoward; there was a 10-minute outage after midnight on ?Saturday? but that sometimes happens at that time of nght - I assume that's when they do scheduled maintenance if there is any.

0 Ratings
Gefferz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 24

So now this morning, at first it seemed better. Then the download speed dropped like a stone. What looks like packet loss too.  After that the middle blue light kept going to orange - disconnected. What's annoying is this fault has been marked in the faults list as being fixed, when it clearly has some way to go.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
emma0175
Beginner
Message 18 of 24

I sent contacted you via your page, just so you know we had another phone conversation today with BT (actually more then 1)and we are now going round in circles, keep getting promised call backs which never happen. Please help!!

0 Ratings
Gefferz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

Can anyone who had problems up until Tuesday in Milton Keynes, but had them resolved check their speeds and packet loss please?

I've had two engineers visit, the second lot were helpful and knowledgeable, and saw with their own eyes that:

1) Their equipment said I was getting solid connections in and out (60 down, 20 up)

2) Their own laptop connected to the hub directly showed wildly varying download speeds down to less than 10, upload speeds to less than 1, but different each time.

They've done lift-and-shift on the cabinet, tried new modem and other hub. My own software shows major packet loss on uploading (in bursts, so okay for a second, lousy for the next)

It seems to me is what happened is this: It is too much of a coincidence that the whole service was dead for two days, but then came back faulty due to something wrong at my house. I think that the fix at the exchange (or wherever) has messed up something with the protocols, or available bandwidth, and that the tests being done with portable instrumentation are not enough to actually test real packet loss and real data rates that occur post-hub, rather than pre-hub.

I've tried a minimal setup - hub next to white box modem with single cable to battery powered laptop - same story.

So I continue to get: periodic disconnects and reconnects, pretty much a reconnect as soon as it can resync; wildly varying download speeds from acceptable (40Mbps and up) down to lousy (4-5Mbps) and generally very low upload speeds, 1Mbps or less, with errors, but different results each time, and using wholesale bt or speedtest.net.

0 Ratings
Chrissy76
Beginner
Message 20 of 24

I'm still having problems with my connection disconnecting and reconnecting a painfully slow connection, webpages loading without images and 'this page can't be displayed' error messages. The 'fix' that BT have done obviously hasn't worked as before the initial fault occured I never had all these issues, i've just reopened the fault I had logged. Is anyone else still having problems?

0 Ratings