cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rclark8887
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT infinity connection

Hi I updated to bt infinity but it just has an orange flashing light. I have followed all the instructions, my phone line I fine the previous hub worked on it but I checked it anyway. My activation date was yesterday. Does this mean my new hub is broken or that I've not been connected yet? Or something else.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT infinity connection

sounds like your infinity service has not yet been activated
0 Ratings
rclark8887
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Can I just plug the old one in, I need to pay my credit card bill and its not working through my phone.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 11

May as well give it a go, it will be interesting to know if it does work
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
rclark8887
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

No it didn't 😞 just had the orange light flashing. Regretting upgrading already, it all worked fine until yesterday (activation day or deactivation day as I'm now calling it)
0 Ratings
Soyuz
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I hope you have more luck than me with this pathetic service, I've not had a fully working service since changing to infinity in mid December and they fully disconnected me on 26th January. 

I can't have any Internet connection but, BT don't mind me paying them £50 a month for it.

This is the problem with this monopolistic monster of UK communications!

Ironically I saw the government advert for the roll out of faster broadband last night. If only they knew just how bad this service is.

0 Ratings
rclark8887
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

I'm tempted to ask for my old package back. Been told to wait another day. I hope yours get sorted, you could demand a refund as they haven't provided the service paid for.
0 Ratings
Soyuz
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Be ready for them to demand a huge cancellation fee if you want to go back  to ADSL and to wait at least a week for them to reconnect you.

They don't care at all  as they are a monopoly, They know you can't use anyone else to connect you.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

incorrect you can go to any ips you wish it is nothing to do with BT RETAIL your isp

The infrastructure is owned and maintained by Openreach
0 Ratings
Soyuz
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Not really incorrect is it? Both BT retail and Openreach are owned by BT PLC. So even if I go to Sky i will still be at the mercy of BT PLC when it comes to being connected. 

0 Ratings