Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nige32
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT infinity installation

Go to solution

Hi

When they change the face plate off the master socket it will look like this: I feel pictures always help.

2.jpg 

0 Ratings
ch
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Is there a chance that extra wire could degrade the signal - surely the modem is best as close to the front door as possible?

My existing ADSL modem will sync at 6.8 in the master socket, but goes down to 5.9ish in an extension socket (new build house, the place is littered with phone sockets).

0 Ratings
Borse2008
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Nige i appreciate the pics i have seen many installations at my friends houses.  Currently there is nothing being used on my master socket and i do get v good adsl speeds from the upstairs telephone socket where my dsl cable is plugged into the filter. I hope this can be made into the Master Socket as it would be more convieniant and less mess.

I hope that socket upstairs can be the one to be used.

0 Ratings
Borse2008
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks, if your a bit hesistant like me and want the job done right even though i know IT tech, i always thought a BT MS could not be tweaked in any way now hearing and having your confirmation assures me.

Its just my current MS dosent even get used as its in an obscure location.

0 Ratings
Borse2008
Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Annie just to confirm the BT OR engineer will do this i wont need to get an external engineer out to do this before?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution
Yes the engineer will do this for you.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings