cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DampDog
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT infinity new customers?

BT have sent out a little letter notifying us that our exchange has now become Infinity enabled up to 78Mb download speed. So I thought I'll have a look at that, but why does it cost more for an existing customer to upgrade than a new??

New customers 38Mb download, 40Gig limit, free weekend calls £15 + Line rental

Existing customers (ME)

38Mb download, 40Gig limit, £18 + Line rental!! Plus I would need to add calls at £2 so £20 all in.

How's does that repay customer loyalty?

It's one thing looking to other providers for the best deal, but not being offered the best deal by your existing provider is a bit of a poor show.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT infinity new customers?

try contacting customer options 0800 800 030 you may be able to negotiate a better deal
DampDog
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I may well do that. I'll also do the same with competition so I know what best offers out there are.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Don't forget that just because your exchange has become Infinity ready does not mean that you will be able to get it anytime soon. The cabinet that you are connected to will need to be upgraded and if it has not already been done this can take months to happen.

Use this checker

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

to see if the cabinet has been upgraded. If it hasn't, take a note of the number of the cabinet and email Openreach with the cabinet number and the name of the exchange at nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk and ask when it will be.

DampDog
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the link.

I've just had a little look and it appears that my cabinet has already been upgraded. Sods-law, I have just had a little look at the BT site and the offers they had in place have expired today anyway. (beyond me why offers would end on the 5th of the month; not the begining or the end anyway. Maybe they've just made me niggly now.. LOL)

I may give them a ring later, just to see what they have.

Cheers for the link though, that's quite handy.

Available ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

Featured Products

WBC FTTCUp to 72.1Up to 20--Available
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2--1 to 3Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 2Up to 0.51 to 3Available
ADSL MaxUp to 2--1 to 3.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate1 ----Available
Fixed Rate1 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------

Available

Cabinet 12

0 Ratings