cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ijsturgess
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT infinity option 2 slower than 10MB down in the evenings everyday for past month !!!

Let me just start with the fact that I have been on BT infinity for the past 2 years with an average speed everyday of 50MB DOWN & 16MB UP 

WELL THE PAST MONTH HAS BEEN HELL !  

Every evening from 6pm until around midnight my speeds drop from 50MB down to 10MB and even less for over 6 hours everyday !  its unacepatable as i can not stream and HD content at these speeds anymore ! I pay £60 a month, 

I am on the best option 2 infinity and it shouldnt be any less than 20mb !!!  my ADSL line was faster !!! 

This is not a problem with my BOX or anything in my house as it works perfect in day time hours ! the issues happen around 6pm .................. this needs fixing asap as its driving me insane. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT infinity option 2 slower than 10MB down in the evenings everyday for past month !!!

Welcome to this forum.

Can you please provide BT Wholesale speed test results for different times of the day?

Thanks

0 Ratings
ijsturgess
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: Slow evening speeds Infinity 1

I am having the same issues with the YEOVIL Exchange at the moment ! for the past 2 years my line has been perfect ! and since BT started this fast ROLL out of faster infinity for option 1 members my line as gone to S*** every evening from 6pm until midnight ! 

Normal speeds are like yours 50mb down & 16mb up in the day and then BOOM 6PM comes and the line gets congested and my speeds drop to 10MB down max and even slower !! 

WHAT ARE BT DOING ABOUT THESE ISSUES ?

0 Ratings
ijsturgess
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Spoiler
Spoiler
BT issues 18th OCT 2016 at 9PM .jpg
0 Ratings
ijsturgess
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Its best if you post images direct to this forum, as some sites are blocked or not allowed to be viewed by BT Employees like the moderators. They will need to see the results posted here.

Here is how to post pictures.

https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @ijsturgess and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you'e having problems with the connection speeds. It sounds like a congestion issue but I can look into this for you if you wish. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings