cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billindevon
Message 1 of 3

BT lack of concern

My BT Broadband was due to be upgraded to infinity Broadband yesterday, Thursday 27th August.

Due to BT's defective work connecting to the exchange I now have no Broadband at all

After 6 hrs of going around in circles on the phone it turns out that they will be out to put right their defective work next Friday, 4th September..

So I will be without Broadband for 8 days

Thanks BT - no one seems remotely interested in getting their workmen to come back and correct their work.

No one from BT will help - I work from home so now I will be doing a 140 mile round trip to the office.

Looking at giving SKY a go as I only hear good reports about their aftercare sevice

Such a shame after so long with BT - loyalty means nothing to them, apparently.

Can anyone at BT get this fixed in an acceptable time?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT lack of concern

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with loyalty.

BT Retail have to wait the same length of time as any other ISP for the connection to be done by Openreach. Currently, depending on where you are in the country this is 8-10 days.

Even if you were with Sky you would still have 8 days to wait.

0 Ratings
billindevon
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT lack of concern

As the problem lies with OpenReach's shoddy work I would expect BT retail to insist that they to return and put right the defects immediately.

I know that SKY will not be able to sort things any earlier but it will just make me feel better after BT's lack of concern.

0 Ratings