cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kabous1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

BT nightmare came to life

I have been avoiding BT internet for years due to their well documented poor customer service.  Eventaully a colleague persuaded me to join the Infinity service as I was capped monthly by my other ISP.  With them my non-fibre download speed was about 3 Mbps on average.

So the big move happened  and I opted for the Infinity package that would provide up to 38Mb speed and BT sports package.  What a bargain deal.

Soon the box of goodies arrived and connection date set.  "Nothing to do" they said, just connect everything as instructed and you're on your way.  And that's what he did.

And now I have a staggering 0.25 Mbps best download speed after several check at random times on speedtest.net.  Yep, 0.25, with the lowest at 0.09 Mbps.  Yes, and they are all 0 point something.  Upload range 9.85 - 10.06.

No information was sent to help with the setting up of email addresses and BT Sport.  What a fantastic service!

So a phonecall to 0800 111 4567 and what a waste.  An hour on the phone and no coherent conversation, passing me from pillar to post and sweet FA support from them.  Well done Ravi and Kazi you were as helpful as armbands in an empty swimming pool.  

This proves that as you get older and wiser you still make dreadful mistakes.  Thanks BT!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT nightmare came to life

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

As you will probably have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

Can you make sure that you have turned of "Smart Set Up" on the Homehub. See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Kabous1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Back home on Thursday and the fairies have been at work.   I should be happy now that I am getting  20Mbps of the upto 38 I signed up for.   So that would be half car or half a pair of shoes if bought from bt.   Forgot to add that the distance from the cabinet to my master socket is 22m.    

Still no support to create email address and Bt sport.  But that would be greedy and unreasonable seeing  that I already  get 20Mb ps of the 38.

Will provide data  soon. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

can you please post the results of the links asked fo then we can help you further
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi Kabous1 and welcome.

I'm really sorry things haven't gone to plan. I can help get this sorted for you. Please send over your details. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

Did you check the speed estimates before you signed up. It may be the case that you can only get 20mbps based on distance from the fibre cabinet you are connected to.
0 Ratings
Kabous1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Significant improvement the past few days and wish the same can be said for the email setup and BT sport.  Yes I did check the speeds available on the BT Infinity link and should've screencapture it in hindsight.

Spec 1.png

spec 2.png

0 Ratings
Kabous1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

spec3.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Connection now looks good with max speed for infinity 1 and good download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kabous1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Still waiting for instructions how to create email addresses, where to go, and Bt sport access.

0 Ratings