cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 57

Re: BT saying Fibre isn’t available at house I’m purchasing

Go to solution

Imjolly is this your understanding as well or do you think the current owners are only using adsl becuase there is no fibre at all to the property? 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 57

Go to solution

I have never before seen a result from the DSL checker result (using phone number) showing an EO line that is actually connected to a cab. As such I would say fibre unavailable to you.

@licquoriceI have seen a few times where one house in an estate was EO, can happen when the site office is closed and the line reused.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 57

Go to solution

If the houses either side of the OP are connected to cab 25, there is no way in the world that the property isn't,  It's physically impossible.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 57

Go to solution

Then why does the DSL checker not show a cabinet for the number? That has nothing to do with upgrading from ADSL to FTTC as if no cab shown BT would not be able to progress the upgrade order.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 57

Go to solution

Do we know who is currently supplying ADSL and phone to the property.

If the DP serving the properties either side is connected to cab25, then the D side must be connected to cab 25. For the property to be EO would require it to be connected to different DP and D side cable. Extremely unlikely. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 57

Go to solution

Good afternoon. I believe it’s Plusnet. I don’t know who supplies the houses either side though. 

you have lost me with some of your abbreviations. I’m not sure what DP is or D side?

thanks, Nick

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 57

Go to solution

DP  Distribution Point. Either the pole your house is connected to if overhead or joint box if underground.

D side is the distribution side of a cabinet. The cable that feeds the DP.

Are the houses fed via a pole or underground? 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 57

Go to solution

So I’m not 100% certain but don’t see any poles or wires going to the house so it must be underground I guess. Is that helpful or not?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 57

Go to solution

Just if it was overhead feeds, it would be a simple matter to see which properties are connected to where. Obviously impossible with underground distribution. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 57

Go to solution

What is the postcode of the property?

0 Ratings