Message 21 of 57

Re: BT saying Fibre isn’t available at house I’m purchasing

Go to solution

Hi.  Its LN1 3JP

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 57

Go to solution

That is consistent with Cab25 and nowhere near the exchange.

Cab25 is outside the church on the roundabout.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 57

Go to solution

Ah ok that’s really helpful. I can see cab 25 on street view and it’s maybe 50-100 meters from the property. The exchange is over a mile away.l the other side of the city. Is there any logically reason why just this property would be direct to the exchange when the others aren’t? 

I also did a UPRN check on the dsl checker and it came up saying FTTC is available. The s that relevent or is it only as reliable as the address search?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 57

Go to solution

@nickshaw11 wrote:

Ah ok that’s really helpful. I can see cab 25 on street view and it’s maybe 50-100 meters from the property. The exchange is over a mile away.l the other side of the city. Is there any logically reason why just this property would be direct to the exchange when the others aren’t? 
None whatsoever and 99.9999% impossible.

I also did a UPRN check on the dsl checker and it came up saying FTTC is available. The s that relevent or is it only as reliable as the address search?

Can't help with that I'm afraid.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 57

Go to solution

OK thank you.  That is reassuring. 

Its still a bit concerning though that the DSL checker for the number is saying no Fibre.  I would have thought if it was simply because the current occupiers had never updated the line it would still say that Fibre is available as an option?

Is it common for their to be errors with the DSL checker?  Who can give a definitive answer on whether the line going into that property is connected to cab 25 or direct to the exchange.  I appreciate your confidence that it is almost certainly not going to the exchange and I would agree but obviously thats in conflict with what the DSL checker is saying (which is presumably what BT and other providers use?).  Is this a question for me to send to Openreach?

Thanks

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 57

Go to solution

@licquoricewrote:

Do we know who is currently supplying ADSL and phone to the property.

If the DP serving the properties either side is connected to cab25, then the D side must be connected to cab 25. For the property to be EO would require it to be connected to different DP and D side cable. Extremely unlikely. 

If the checker returns a result from the phone number then the routing must be in the database.

To address your extremely unlikely as I've seen it happen. The devloper has a field which they are going to build on. They ask for Openreach to supply a telephone line to the site office (normally a portacabin) Openreach run one which can be EO or from a cab.

Later in the development they have a show house and ask Openreach to transfer the line to there as they are no longer working from the site office. Meanwhile Openreach realise they need a cab to supply that development and perhaps others in the area.

Someone eventually buys the show house and ends up on an EO line. Rare I admit but I've seen it happen more than once.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 57

Go to solution

@nickshaw11 Normally the number check only works with BT numbers, for other providers, only the address checker works so a number check wouldn't be possible for all properties.

You won't be able to ask Openreach directly I'm afraid. Once you have a service with BT you would be able to make an ORDI (Openreach Database Integrity check) request if they still say it is an EO line.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 57

Go to solution

@pippincp wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

Do we know who is currently supplying ADSL and phone to the property.

If the DP serving the properties either side is connected to cab25, then the D side must be connected to cab 25. For the property to be EO would require it to be connected to different DP and D side cable. Extremely unlikely. 

If the checker returns a result from the phone number then the routing must be in the database.

To address your extremely unlikely as I've seen it happen. The devloper has a field which they are going to build on. They ask for Openreach to supply a telephone line to the site office (normally a portacabin) Openreach run one which can be EO or from a cab.

Later in the development they have a show house and ask Openreach to transfer the line to there as they are no longer working from the site office. Meanwhile Openreach realise they need a cab to supply that development and perhaps others in the area.

Someone eventually buys the show house and ends up on an EO line. Rare I admit but I've seen it happen more than once.

If you look on streetview, that isn't going to be the case here. Any site office would have been connected to cab 25 that would already be there. Other older houses in neighbouring streets are connected to cab25.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 57

Go to solution

Interestingly when I search through Kitz with just the phone number and not the postcode it says “non bt line”. What does this mean and is this what you were referring to earlier? 

min terms of cab 25 I attach a search I did which shows it covers a number of different postcodes. The area is not new and most houses were built many years ago so presumably the cabinet would have been there long before the estate. 

The estate was build on grounds were an old warehouse was. Is there a slight chance the existing line to that was direct from the exchange and they then continued with that whilst the estate was built? 

thanks

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 57

Go to solution

Where are you searching on Kitz? Do you mean Codelook?

Was you prospective purchase the site office/show house?

If you enter a non BT number in the checker, this is the result you get

nonbt.jpg

0 Ratings