cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 57

Re: BT saying Fibre isn’t available at house I’m purchasing

Go to solution

I wonder if the number you are entering was used at a previous location with BT and is now used with Plusnet at current location but old information is still held on the checker database. The last speed measured on the line was 29/9/2019 from your screenshot.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 57

Go to solution

I attach a screenshot below. Not sure if it means much though. The map is also not correct but presumably that’s because I’ve not put the address in.

I have no idea if it was a show home tbh. They were built around 15-20 years ago. I tried google street view but it doesn’t go back that far.

in terms of the number itself I think the current owner has been there about 13 years so doubt it has been moved since 2019. 

thanks

Nick
706FA360-5588-48CD-8264-7D4DE7272D80.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 57

Go to solution

Probably not what you want to hear, but you are not going to get a definitive answer to this until after you have taken out a service with BT on Monday I'm afraid. I will still wager it is a problem with the database though.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 57

Go to solution

Not a problem.  Thanks for trying your best to help / reassure me.  Although I move on Monday I can't take over the line until 30th as that's 2 weeks notice.  Exchange happened at very short notice so I wasn't able to give BT the full notice.

I will let you know what happens.  If they say computer says no then I will try to get them to at least get to the bottom of if I am connected directly to the exchange as even from my very limited knowledge it would seem really unusual.

Presumably if I am connected directly to the exchange its impossible to switch that to cab 25 even though that's only 50m away and the exchange is over a mile away?

Worst case scenario I will have to put up with slow internet and maybe look to move to a 5g Hub when available.  I am hoping as i'm in a major city that might be in the next year or so.

kind regards

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 57

Go to solution

Post back here and if there is still a problem after the 30th we can see what the options are. Hope the move all goes well, I know the stresses involved as my daughter is in the process of moving house.

Message 36 of 57

Go to solution

@licquorice  I'll wager it's an EO line. Drink on it?

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 57

Go to solution

£20 to your favourite charity

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 57

Go to solution

Agreed!😁

@nickshaw11  Please let us know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 57

Go to solution

Good evening chaps. I thought I would give a bit of an update as I’ve now moved into the property. My phone line doesn’t go live until 30th March though. 

out of interest I thought that I would put the phone number through the DSL checker again. It’s now coming up saying it’s connected to cab 28 and by the looks of the results any form of internet is basically non existent. Here is a screenshot

127F010B-E99D-4943-94D0-AC33169B5F4B.jpeg

What could the reason for this be? Does it suggest that the results on this number through this checker are not making any sense? Last week said connected direct to the exchange and this week saying connected to cab 28. Can either of you tell me where that cab is?

or could it be that the previous occupier took her number with her hence it now says it’s connected to cab 28? I can check with her although we only completed yesterday so could it have updated as soon as today?

I also spoke to my neighbor today. It’s a semi detached house. She confirmed 100% that she has fibre. 

I guess in reality I just need to be patient and wait until I have control of the line but just wondered if the different DSL result gave you guys any more thoughts on the issue? My hope is it’s proof that the  results for some reason on this line are unrealisable but maybe it’s as simple as she has moved the number with her. Is cab 28 FTTC enabled? I know where she has moved to and it’s still right in the city centre so those results look dreadful in terms of speed. 

thanks

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 57

Go to solution

The only logical conclusion is that the previous owner took their number with them and that is the result for the new property, although it does seem rather quick. Definitely something odd with the number.

Cab 28 is here

cab28.jpg

0 Ratings