cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 57

Re: BT saying Fibre isn’t available at house I’m purchasing

Go to solution

Does your line have dial tone, if so , dial 17070 to get the number and then try that in the checker.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 57

Go to solution

Hi. So by the looks of it cab 28 does cover where the previous owner has moved to. So it does look like she has moved her number. Although still weird that the dsl is saying hardly anything is available as I can see cab 28 is FTTC enabled. Perhaps it’s because it’s literally in the process of being moved.

ive also searched on my old number and that won’t come up with any results. I didn’t realise but bt are moving my number to this new address. It was cut off yesterday at the old property and goes live here on the 30th so that probably makes sense. 

this may sound stupid but I don’t think I have any phone that I can plug into a socket. I’ve never used the landline. 

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 57

Go to solution

A cheap corded phone is always a good tool to have for fault diagnosis.

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 57

Go to solution

Good afternoon.  I now have a cheap phone.  I plugged it in and there is a dial tone.  I called 17070 and it gave me the telephone number.  Its different to the previous occupiers number and different to my number which is being transferred across.  I put it into DSL checker and it says it has no data available for that number.   Is that what was expected?

Thanks, Nick

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 57

Go to solution

I would expect it to be a different temporary number until yours is transferred but I would have thought the checker should show data. The checker database is updated on a Friday, so maybe it hasn't been updated with the details yet as the number wouldn't have been provided until the old number was ceased. Try again over the weekend and see if the checker updates.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 57

Go to solution

If the previous occupant of the property is taking their number with them , to achieve this their old property is ‘stop renumbered’ , and the address they move into ( if a stopped line exists at that address ) is start renumbered or possibly a brand new provide , but it enables the wanted phone number to move to the new address , and at the old address a stopped line now exists ...if someone wants to takeover that stopped line , a start or more usually a start renumber is needed ( this obviously  could allow this new occupant to bring their number with them too.)

It appears that the line in question is in a stopped line state , the number on the line is just a temporary ‘holding’ number , waiting for an order to remove its ‘stopped’ line state, and ‘start’ it back into service.

Stopped lines usually have dialtone, respond to 17070, but don’t allow chargeable outgoing calls , the idea that if someone moves in , and want to takeover the line, it should be easily done as the connection to the exchange is obviously intact as the presence of dialtone shows, although the fact that operators like Sky and TT who use LLU can complicate things ( a Sky number won’t help BT find the stopped line for example ) 

These chains of orders need a certain amount of synchronisation, they need to be processed in the correct order, the dates having to  be correct chronologically, obviously you cannot start a line that hasn’t yet been stopped.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 57

Go to solution

Thanks for this.  That certainly makes sense.  My line is meant to go 'live' on Tuesday so presumably at that point it will change to the number I am bringing with me from my old property.  Although matters are slightly complicated because BT have sent my new hub to my old address!

It will then be interesting to see what the DSL checker says in terms of Fibre.  I really hope that it is connected to cab 25.  It seems crazy that I can see the cabinet out of the window as a type this but the checker was previously suggesting I am connected directly to the exchange which is the other side of the city.

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 57

Go to solution

I'd wait until Friday after 3.00pm before checking. That's when the last updates are done.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 57

Go to solution

Good afternoon. A bit of an update. You’ll probably tell me off for being impatient!

I have been connected today and a couple of issues / observations arise. I have now done a DSL check (yes I know I should wait until Friday but I did one out of interest anyway). It produced the following result

CF973409-F931-4F30-96DB-6349195CE35C.jpeg

 now it makes no mention of FTTC but perhaps that will come on Friday? I was more hopefully because it is now saying served by cabinet 25!!! Does this therefore suggest that I am connected to cab 25 rather than the exchange directly? If so presumably that’s good news even though currently it still makes no mention of FTTC?

the second issue is that I can’t actually get the broadband to work. The orange light is on. It goes through a cycle of flashing green then it goes blue for about 15 seconds before going orange. Could this just be because the line still isn’t connected? BT had said it could be any time up midnight but I then got a text from them a couple of hours ago saying everything is live so should be working. Am I best to call BT in the first instance regarding  that?

Thanks, Nick

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 57

Go to solution

Certainly looks as though you are connected to cab25 but your broadband possibly hasn't been activated yet. Wait until tomorrow at least to see if it connects and then unfortunately until Friday to see if the checker updates. Although it doesn't hurt to check every day just in case.

0 Ratings