cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 57

Re: BT saying Fibre isn’t available at house I’m purchasing

Go to solution

Good morning.  A bit of an update.  Unsurprisingly midnight came and went and my internet is still not working.  I have spoken to BT and an engineer is coming out tomorrow to look at it.  Hopefully they will be able to sort it out.  

Presumably whilst they are here I could ask them to answer the big question of whether I am connected to cab 25 or directly to the exchange which will hopefully finally confirm whether I can get fibre or not?

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 57

Go to solution

Yes, definitely quiz him/ her on the routing of your line.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 57

Go to solution

Good afternoon.

Some good news!  The engineer came out on Thursday and struggled to fix the issue at my house.  He went to the exchange and replaced the equipment and it sorted the problem out.

Even better news is the DSL checker is now saying this line does get FTTC and is connected to cabinet 25.

DSL.jfif

I have just got off the phone and their system now also says that I can get fibre so they have upgraded me.  Not got an exact timescale yet but fingers crossed it was all sorted.

So in conclusion it looks like I was connected to cab 25 the whole time and there was some sort of error with the checker suggesting I was an exchange only line.  

From memory @licquorice,  @pippincp  owes £20 to your chosen charity.  I would also be happy to make a donation as you have both been extremely helpful.  

Kind regards

Nick

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 54 of 57

Go to solution

I have not forgotten about the bet of a charitable donation and will be happy to donate. Any preference @licquorice ?

Glad you're now sorted out.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 57

Go to solution

Glad you got it sorted @nickshaw11 and thanks for the update. Cheers @pippincp , Salvation Army please if that's  ok with you.

You should get pretty much the maximum 80M speed from fibre

Edit :@nickshaw11  can you post a screenshot of the lower part of the checker screen where it shows max observed speed please, I think you have already been upgraded and are getting the full 80M

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 57

Go to solution

Hi. Here is a screenshot of the lower part of the test result:-

E2D93A13-BDD0-4F97-8297-5669BF3F0402.png

 thanks

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 57

Go to solution

Ok, thanks.

On your previous screenshot the max observed VDSL speed was shown as 80 but the date was  cut off. I wondered if it was observed today but unfortunately not, it was the 18th Feb so must have been at your previous address. The max observed ADSL speed is dated today so you haven't been upgraded yet unfortunately. Hopefully won't be too long.

0 Ratings