cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdrennan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 36

Re: BT says fibre is unavailable but neighbour has fibre?

Go to solution

I have been checking lots of local addresses in my area *as I wait for FTTC to be available for me, street just been enabled so cabinet wont be full.

Many houses show availability but others show with only FTTP on demand. These are inbetween other enabled properties (who dont yet have FTTC activated).

This is also a VM area so I suspect these addresses dont have any connection to the property from Openreach and that they need to do something to make it show an estimate FTTC speed

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 22 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @wsljohnson the address records update has been completed but fibre is still not showing as available on your line. I've already raised this with Openreach to check the network routing records and confirm if fibre would be supported on your line. They normally take around 7-10 days to get back to us. I'll keep you updated.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
sdrennan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 36

Go to solution

Best of luck. may the speed be with you

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 24 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @wsljohnson I called earlier sorry I could not reach you. I've checked on bt.com for your phone number and fibre broadband is available to order. Please check and post back to let me know if you have any issues placing your order.

Cheers
John

wsljohnson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 36

Go to solution
That's great. Thanks so much for all of your help, John.
0 Ratings
Samantha2018
Beginner
Message 26 of 36

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Samantha2018
Beginner
Message 27 of 36

Go to solution

Hi JohnC2, can you able to help me too?? I have the same issue as wsljohnson. the whole estate of the neighbours all can have fibre, its only my house fibre unavailable, my internet speed is less than 1 mbps most day. thanks in advance

0 Ratings
steve58
Beginner
Message 28 of 36

Go to solution

Same with me its stupid i went through the welsh goverment broadband help centre and they also convirmed via Open reach that there was ne reaso why we couldt get it. BT a law unto themselves say no.I had a very simalar document from open reach which I attached to an email to BT but still a load of jargon i dont understand but they still say no. Its disgraceful and unfair when neighbours have it . They will say a box that you use is not enabled . In our case the box is just 20 metres from the other but still no attempt after 3 years being on the list have they attepted to upgrade it all I can say is good luck but they run the shots it seems.

0 Ratings
sdrennan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 36

Go to solution
I got the impression that the local area cables are a bit of a nightmare. When I check we have 3 different Cabs serving overlapping areas. And none of them come to me!!
The challenge is that Openreach are focussed on the various providers so normal public cant get a clear answer
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 30 of 36

Go to solution

Hi @Samantha2018 and @steve58,

Can you both check your post code at When can I get fibre? and tell me if your addresses show up?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings