cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
essbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT sending two routers!

I signed up today for superfast (free offer from BT - 18 month contract at same price as existing) and I've had the usual load of emails and confirmations from BT. What puzzles me is they are sending me two routers - one BT Home Hub 3 Black and one Smart  Hub, the routers being delivered a week apart!

We already have a Home Hub 3, it's how I am able to communicate and receive broadband.  What is this 'Black' version, is it a special one, and why are they sending us two routers?

V.grateful for any advice!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT sending two routers!

The Hub 3 will not arrive, BT no longer stock them, maybe you're mis-reading what it says, is it not a returns kit for the old HH3 ? BT will send pre-paid packing to recycle the old hub, which would make sense as you have a new one coming.

The HH3 is 2 parts, your new hub is an all in one, remember to swap all cables, even the power cables are different now and replace the micro filters included.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

If you currently only have standard broadband (ADSL) your current Hub3 won't work with Superfast.

0 Ratings
essbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for reply. The order clearly says:

Home Hub 3 Black being delivered on 7th January (nothing about returning it for recycling - if it was, why would they leave us without a hub for 7 days? They're not to know I have another Hub 3 in store!)

Smart Hub being delivered on 15th January

Connection to Superfast taking place on 16th January

Why is it every dealing with BT leaves you more puzzled than before you started?

0 Ratings
essbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Yes I know. 

0 Ratings