cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT superfast firbe 1 download speeds stuck at a max of 35.

Go to solution

looking for help with my download speeds being capped at 35down, any help appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT superfast firbe 1 download speeds stuck at a max of 35.

Go to solution

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

run btspeedtester and post results  must be done with ethernet connection not wireless

https://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for the response. 

Stats:

Product code:Smart Hub 2

Serial number:+091298+1847013147

Firmware version:v0.17.01.12312-BT

Firmware updated:Tue Jun 23 17:52:56 2020

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.56 15_02_2019

DSL uptime:0 days,11 Hours35 Mins22 Secs

Data rate:17 Mbps / 39.999 Mbps

Maximum data rate:19.399 Mbps / 65.816 Mbps

Noise margin:7.1 / 13.0

Line attenuation:8.5 / 17.3

Signal attenuation:8.5 / 23.4

Broadband checker+BT speed results

bt info.pngbt speed.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

your connection time is only 11hrs is that due to hub dropping connection or manual reset?

any noise on quiet line test?

have you been having problems with hub dropping internet connection? often? or have you alos been resetting hub to see if you can improve connection speed

I think you are now in banded profile due to line instability and you now need to get a stable connection before you will see any improvement in connection speed and therefore download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I have reset router quite a few times, this is a usual thing since our WiFi would randomly drop or we would get low speeds, so naturally i reset the router a few times but nothing changed. 

We dont use the landline phone so i cannot test the quiet line test.

How can i get out of a banded profile?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Harv04,

Thanks for letting me know the engineer was able to get this sorted for you.

All the best

David

0 Ratings