Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT ultrafast 2 speeds

Go to solution
Hi all

I upgraded from ultrafast 1 to ultrafast 2. I wasnt expecting my speeds to reach more than 206 as that was the maximum.my line could support. Unfortunately it looks as of I'm maxed out at about 180. I'm happy if this is all it can be but confused as my router says its synced at 206 but when I run a speed test with bt it says 180.

Any advice?

I have done the usual... no noise on line, connected to test socket etc.

I have a samknows whitebox connected by cable and its reporting the same at 180.

Regards

Stuart
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT ultrafast 2 speeds

Go to solution

Any speed quoted is sync speed not download speed. Download speed will always be slower due to protocol overheads.

Toddie1982
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
So when I run the bt speed test it says the connection between my router and bt network it 180 but in the stats on my router it says 206 ish
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

as @licquorice  said the btspeedtest only shows download speed and profile (diagnostic test) not actual connection speed as shown in hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Toddie1982 wrote:
So when I run the bt speed test it says the connection between my router and bt network it 180 but in the stats on my router it says 206 ish

The IP layer is running at 180, the DSL layer that carries it at 206. As well as the overheads involved, your IP profile will be set lower than your sync speed.