cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT unable to find address on New Build

We have brought a new house on a large development but have no coms coming to the house. BT do not have us down when I give them the post code and say I need to speak with Openreach. I have tried openreach and they say it is your supplier that I need to talk to. The house next door has BT fibre and can be seen when you go to BT search. I have been trying for over a month to get BT to provide Broadband and am getting know where from anyone including the house builder. We were BT in the old house and they terminated the contract saying they can’t do anything, I am a BT business customer also but it appears they don’t want my custom? Please help

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT unable to find address on New Build

As you are a BT business customer the best place to get answers is the business forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/ 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I am both but the issue is a residential issue

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

You will need to order a phone line first, as that will initiate a survey an update the Openreach database.

I am assuming you are going to use BT Retail as your provider?

Please follow this process.

Make sure the place you are living in, is registered on the Post Office postcode database.

Place an order using this link - https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

If the address doesn't appear properly when you enter the postcode, there is a section underneath where you can manually enter the address.  This will raise the order with the address showing as bronze and it will prompt Openreach to carry out a survey to confirm the routing, assuming there is existing ducting in place.

If not, the you may have to pay Openreach for a survey to work out how much it would cost to provide a route. This should have been arranged by the builder, when the houses were built.

This would only apply to a residential connection.

If you need an additional line for business, then there is probably a similar process to follow on the BT Business order page.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

If it’s a New Site and you mentioned your neighbour has Fibre so there’s no reason FTTP shouldn’t have been installed in your house either.

Ask your Developer to speak to their Openreach New Sites Representative. There will be one, all New Sites have one.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Not all new builds get Openreach service, some developers ( Persimmon for one ) provide their own FTTP network and effectively tie in any occupants to using that service ( they lock out any others, as it’s still private land, they can do whatever they like ) , obviously looking on a BTw address checker won’t show these addresses.

As already stated, as your developer what arrangements they have made for broadband/phone services.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks will ask tomorrow 👍👍

0 Ratings