cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peachmelba
Message 1 of 5

BT wont allow me to connect to Infinity despite it being available

I hoping someone can help me here.

Currently have FTTC to the premises was with BT then moved to Plusnet. Want to move back to BT Infinity package. System wont let me order it. I have chatted to 2 people on line that tell me i cant order it. I have checked cabinet and it is available. I used my neighbours number and he can get it so there is space in the cabinet. The only diffrence is my post code is diffrent to my neighbours!

Why oh why cant i order it. 

Anyone have any ideas!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT wont allow me to connect to Infinity despite it being available

Can you try using the address checker please.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Alucidnation
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Seriously, just stay with whoever you are with.

I had ordered Inifinty 2 and a couple of days before i was due to go live, BT cancelled the order.

After many, many conversations it was eventually found that my local exchange had capacity issues.

They could move my landline, but my BB would take 3 to 4 days to move as i had to wait until a slot became available.

WHy the BB checker on their website never showed it is beyond me.

Openreach are an absolute joke and i still can't believe the market hasnt been opened up to other operators

0 Ratings
peachmelba
Message 4 of 5

I have done that already.  The only difference is post code. GL7 5DQ works but GL7 5DH does not and they are my neighbour.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Can you post the results from https://www.dslchecker.bt.com for both addresses please, including exchange and cabinet number.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings