cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaz187
Contributor
Message 21 of 32

Re: BT you are a joke

Hi infinitichris,do you have a link for that doc you were on about thanks,as people can see on here i am very frustrated at the progress,BT have just told me i have to wait,i said what 1 year 5 years or even 10 years,they can't give me a answer on their own products.

0 Ratings
kremmen
Contributor
Message 22 of 32

@john46 wrote:
this shows just how much work is being done per quarter by Openreach with the infinity roll out
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/the-big-build/the-numbers-game.aspx maybe you could do better

Numbers dont lie...or do they?

Dooes it make any sense that OR hook up an entire village with FTTC and leave one street without it?

Does having to come back and do that one street make financial sence when it could have been done with the other work?

No.

A planned rollout with an actual plan makes more sense, but it OR don't seem to have one.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 32

@kremmen wrote:

@john46 wrote:
this shows just how much work is being done per quarter by Openreach with the infinity roll out
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/the-big-build/the-numbers-game.aspx maybe you could do better

Numbers dont lie...or do they?

Dooes it make any sense that OR hook up an entire village with FTTC and leave one street without it?

Does having to come back and do that one street make financial sence when it could have been done with the other work?

No.

A planned rollout with an actual plan makes more sense, but it OR don't seem to have one.

It doesn't make sense to leave one street for no reason. However we are not privvy to any problem, technical difficulties etc which may involve additional work.

The fact that they are ahead of schedule with the roll out which still has at least 2 years to run is a good thing as more users are given a faster connection.

Problem areas will be skipped and revisited at a later stage so's not to delay maximum deployment. That makes good business sense. Get it out to as many as possible as quickly as possible.

Frustrating for those left behind? Yes of course it is. Delay the roll out to concentrate on the problem areas? Why? Come back when you can concentrate more resources? Why not!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 24 of 32

@Gaz187 wrote:

Hi infinitichris,do you have a link for that doc you were on about thanks,as people can see on here i am very frustrated at the progress,BT have just told me i have to wait,i said what 1 year 5 years or even 10 years,they can't give me a answer on their own products.

Hi its here *link removed* you can sort it by any field BUT it is now 5 months old but is the last one that was openly posted. 

0 Ratings
Gaz187
Contributor
Message 25 of 32

A mod has removed it for some reason,so can a mod give the info of to where the cabs are going to be placed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 32

The cabs are normally placed within 100mts of your existing cab.

0 Ratings
dezontk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 32

Gaz, I side with you. As a CCNP I question some of BT's organisational skills. There seems to be a lack of communication at times between BT and Openreach.

Also, having very biased opinions fired at you combined with lame-childish signatures.. IF YOU LIKED MY ADVICE CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON..... is sort of.... lame. Laughed when I saw how many of these "experts" had the same one.

I'm waiting for speed increases myself, Virgin Media provide pages on which to see an exact date of the rollouts.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 28 of 32

There's a vast difference between suppling a speed increase and providing a whole new infrastructure which is basically what Infinity is.

VM may be good at providing dates for speed increases, they are not that good at providing dates for the increase of capacity that is also needed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 32

neither are VM expanding there network to new areas
as to why some street cabs have been missed there are many reasons one of the main ones is refused Planning permission there was a case posted here recently of a cab being refused because local residents did not want it near there houses there have been whole areas refused
as they would be in conservation area and it goes on
0 Ratings
deathaxe
Expert
Message 30 of 32

Another reason for a cabinet not being installed was the power company didn't have a handy lampost to run a cable from and refused to supply a cable to the cab, which was then removed.

0 Ratings