Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martinlj
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

BTWholesale error new hub

Go to solution
Hey guys,

So I recently moved into a new flat and called BT to have my account moved to this flat. As it turned out, this flat was eligible for fibre instead of copper, which I happily agreed to.

So about 12 days pass and my new Smart Hub arrived on the 12tb, and a text telling me that the network should be up and running on the 13th at some point. No problem.

So the 13th arrive, I plug in the Hub, put in the password and all that and... BTWholesale page. Okay... well, it was just a test, this could take all day... this is my third hub and I’ve never seen a message like that though.. well, I’ll just give it until the end of the day. Midnight arrives and I try again.. BTWholesale. I go to MyBT, maybe they’re having difficulties? Nope, they’re finished setting up the network.

So I go to 192.168.1.254, which says it’s connected, the first thing I do is split the bands, because my Mac doesn’t work well with 2.4ghz and 5ghz in one anyways, so I figured that maybe that was the issue. It wasn’t.

Can someone please help me out with this as I’m about to lose my mind after waiting for almost 2 weeks while using horrible O2 mobile data that barely connects and can’t do any work

EDIT: it should also be noted that my Hub came with an ADSL microfilter. My faceplate only has the phone socket, so I had to use the microfilter in order to connect. I find it strange that it’s an ADSL microfilter instead of VDSL though
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: BTWholesale error new hub

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

If you are just seeing the BT Wholesale holding page, then your circuit has not been commissioned correctly. The ADSL filter is fine, as filters are only designed to stop the broadband signal getting into the phone line.

Forum members cannot help with this provisioning issue.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Martinlj,

I am sorry that this is happening. We'll help resolve this for you. To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you. It may take us 1-2 working days before we can get back to you but we'll make sure we do everything we can to help.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Martinlj
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
Thank you @DanielS I’ve filled out the form. 🙂
0 Ratings
Martinlj
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution
Hi @DanielS I don’t know if this is a part of an attempt to fix my problem (if it is then disregard this post) but my hub is not flashing purple even though everything is plugged in. Figured I should let you know in case this isn’t done deliberately to troubleshoot or whatever.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Martinlj,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today.

I've checked the details of your order and unfortunately its been delayed as the routing for the line was incorrect. Openreach are working on this and have told us to expect an update on the 21st.

I've opened a complaint on your account and I'll follow up with you as soon as I have an update. Please accept my apology for the delay.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Martinlj,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Unfortunately your order for FTTC is still delay. Openreach are working to correct the routing of your line and have set a reviewed date of the 2nd of January. I'm really sorry that this has taken longer than expected to fix.

I'll be out of the office on the 2nd but I've asked my colleague @JohnC2 to pick up your case. John will be back in touch as soon as there is an update.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Martinlj I called earlier and left a brief voicemail.

@PaddyB asked me to chase your broadband order today and update you. It is not good news as your order has not progressed as we would have hoped. Wholesale have raised a system fault at their end as the order now needs to be re-appointed but the system will not allow an appointment to be booked.  The standard timescale for these types of fault is 5 working days. I appreciate that you have been waiting a long time for the broadband to be provided and I will continue to check and chase progress and update you should there be any change.

Thanks
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Martinlj I have chased an update on the delay of your order this morning as there was no progress. I have escalated the case with our supplier and will have a further update for you on Friday.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Martinlj

Sorry for the time this is taking to get sorted out.

I have chased this for you again today and our suppliers are in the process of getting the routing updated and will then give us a closer date for activation.  We will follow up with you again with the next update.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings