cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Bad Customer Service - Fibre Broadband

Go to solution

I'm not sure if this is the right avenue to vent this but I am totally at the end of my tether.  This issue has been ongoing since the 29th April when I advised BT that I was moving home, my new Fibre connection was to be connected on the 15th May at my new address.  Equipment arrived on the 13th May (after being posted to the wrong address), difficulty in setting up, phone call to BT who said that the application to take over the landline had been cancelled!  Arranged for the order to be reinstated and a further 10 day wait.  2nd June the Engineer arrived who said I only had a copper connection, speed less than 1mb, advised me to call to upgrade to Fibre (I was already being charged for Fibre) after 24 hours for connection to settle.  Phoned on 4th June to upgrade, was told wait 5 days and they will send the new TV box and I will be connected. Website checks in the meantime, seemed all on track apart from the delivery address for the new TV box was for the wrong address (again).  Text from BT on Sunday 14th June to say there is a problem please phone.  Phoned on the 15th to be told that the order was cancelled, no explanation as to why.  Phoned on 16th and explained (after many phone calls explaining and being cut off) and was told someone would call me back within 24 hours, no one called.  Phoned again today 19th and still no joy.  I have phoned so many times asking to speak to a Manager, not happening!  Phoned many times to try to sort it out but put on hold and phone either gets transferred to someone who has no idea why I'm phoning so another lengthy explanation or it gets cut off for me to have to start again.  Several phones calls where I have requested a call back, because I keep getting cut off, to try to sort this but no one ever calls back.  Sorry for protracted info but I cannot speak to a Manager or anyone who can sort this out.  In the meantime I have approx. 0.9mb speed on copper and no specific way of contacting anyone who can help.  I fully appreciate the difficult times we are all experiencing at the moment and that BT staff may be working from home but why oh why can't I speak to someone in a managerial position who can look at this and get it sorted, or are they all furloughed?  My account page is useless, I cannot contact anyone.  Any help would be gratefully received as to who to contact and how.  I'm thinking my next step is the Ombudsman.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Bad Customer Service - Fibre Broadband

Go to solution

Have you checked to see that cabinet serving you new home is available and not a waiting list of people wanting fibre connection?

assuming your phone works then enter your phone number and post results. Remember delete number but leave exchange and cab 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.  BT haven't told me what my home phone number is; I have told them I don't wish to use a landline phone but I realise they need a landline to connect to. 

I know there is Fibre available in the village as people already have it.  

Where do I go from here?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Try using your address in the link I posted. Not as accurate as phone number but may give a clue

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks but I don't know the answers to any of the questions, no home number or the others.  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I have put in my address and although I don't understand what it is saying, it does say "available" in all the fields.  

Sorry but I don't have any technical knowledge of this kind of thing!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Doesn't your landline work - dial tone?  If so dial 17070 and you should here your phone number repeated and if so you can use the checker 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you, yes I have done that and the landline is working, I have inserted my number, I have no idea what the checker means so cannot interpret what it means.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Can you not take a screen shot and post it?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Updated.jpg

0 Ratings