cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Bad Customer service

Our Internet stopped working on Wednesday, we rang on Thursday and the person we spoke to said there was nothing wrong with our broadband and that there was a fault on the landlind. So then they sent an engineer on the Friday to fix the fault which was apparently in the green box outside our flat. Still not fixed. We rang up again on the Friday and the person said there was still an open fault and the engineer wasn't able to fix the problem. So they sent an engineer on Saturday, they came and checked the set up and they didn't appear to know what they were doing. They went to their van to get a new socket and were gone for 40 minutes. Eventually they came back and changed the socket and cable. They went to a cupboard in the hallway of our flats and changed some wires and came back into out flat and said we have to wait for it to he activated. Though he couldn't tell us when. The light on our hub was flashing pink. So we rang again. The person said the engineer had done something wrong and they were going to send someone on Sunday. My flat mate rang 3 times one Sunday, once he was put on hold and then disconnected, second time he was told sorry for the confusion engineer's don't work on Sunday. Then the third time he was told and engineer will be here today at 9am. We rang this morning to check everything was still happening only to be told sorry for the confusion, that isnt the case, an engineer will be available on the 27th!!! I work from home. I'm losing money. I am not happy. Seriously considering changing providers. And I hope I don't get charged for the Internet I haven't used because I've been disconnected, messed around and disappointed. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bad Customer service

this is a customer help customer community forum and your post does not go to BT

does your landline work?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I don't even know, we've had different answers! We've been told there wasn't a fault, then there was one, the engineer told us it's sorted and it should be activated, then we told the fault is still open and hasn't been resolved, then we were told the engineer did something wrong. We don't know which way is up.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

do you not have a landline phone to test to see if you have a dial tone?  your broadband relies on a working phone line although broadband can work with only one of the two wires connected but slowly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings