cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samibekir93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Bad Installation. Terrible Customer Service. No solution in sight.

Hi everyone,

Ive already posted but instead of posting on my phone I thought id come to the local libary to use a computer to write my message as It will allow me to describe my problem in more detail than on my phone.

Day1. The problem started on the 26th of march which was wednesday last week. The 26th was the date agreed 2 weeks prior to that wednesday to switch our provider from Sky to BT on our phone line and our internet changing from Skys copper broadband to BT's Infinity 2 fibre optic broadband. The engineer from "Kelly Communications" Left on wednesday with the internet and phone line not working. He advised us that he would be back later that day after being on site for only an hour and a half to complete the installation. This engineer never returned. I spent hours and hours on the phone to BT's call centres in India speaking to over 7 different advisors on that day each time being told "The engineer is half an hour away" or "the engineer will give you a call back in 15min" lie after lie after lie which in my opinion is just a way for them to get off their back. It got to 5.30 that day when I called for the last time explaining as I had done every other time that this is of great urgency due to my elderly grandmother who lives in the house who uses a call care system which allows her to call the emergency services remotely from anywhere in the house should she fall over or have an accident. This was not active as there was no active phone line. I was told cheekily that this problem could not be solved today due to it being past 6pm and there was no engineers who could come out tonight. I demanded to speak to a manager and was put on hold only to be cut off.

Day 2. I called BT starting the process from 8.30am. I was told after a lengthy conversation that the engineer from yesterday had actually marked the job as complete!!! what a joke! I was also told that an openreach engineer would 100% come out to the property today. After getting to 2pm I started to highly doubt that this was the case. I called BT up again and after another long conversation and further stressing the point of the urgency of the situation I was told I would get a call back in an hour from a colleugue of higher authority. This never happened. I then called BT up AGAIN and after being transfered from pillar to post and having to explain the situation AGAIN (as it would seem BT's advisors dont make notes on file about your problem) I was told the earliest an engineer could come out was the 2nd April. This was not good enough BT I explained that I was actually having to take time off work to be with my grandmother as she couldnt be home by herself BT was essentially putting an elderly womans life at risk. This was the final straw so I decided to give Kelly Communications (BT's Subcontractors who carried out the installation) a call to see if they could help. They said they could send an engineer to the property the next morning.

Day 3. An engineer from Kelly Communications turned up and after a couple of hours fixed the phoneline which was a great relief. But still no working broadband. The engineer said he would go to the cabinet to check the wiring in there. He returned after half an hour and said there was nothing wrong with the wiring in the cabinet or the property but BT did have an outage in the area so once that was resolved our internet should fire up by itself. So I called BT and clear the faults I had on the line for Broadband and My Landline. 

Day 4. As you can probably guess the internet hasnt "fired up" I gave BT a call and was told there is No fault on our line after doing a Line test and that the problem in the area had been fixed but it may take until 2pm for our internet to be working as it should be. 3pm came and we still had no internet. I gave BT another call and after a Line test I was told Ther infact is a fault on our line!!!!! But this is nothing to do with the cables inside the house. This was a problem with the outside cables. I asked is this a problem in the area or specifically for my property. I was told the problem in the area had been fixed and that this was just my service that was being affected. I explained that an engineer had checked the cables at the cabinet and the exchange and had advised me that there was nothing wrong. She just said "I'm sorry for the inconvinience an engineer will come out to look at the outside cables on the 2nd April" 

It is now monday so Day 5. I am sitting in my local libary explaining the situation on here as I no that come wednesday the 2nd of april the day will pass with still no internet and most likely another engineer visit booked. If this is the case I will cancel and go back to my previous provider.

The biggest problem is that each time you call BT they are oblivious to the situation even though they ask for your phone number to get your account details up. I dont feel like my problem is getting solved and after being lied to many time and experience cut offs after hours on the phone it is hard to believe a word they say anymore. I am physically getting ill from the stress this is causing me, after this post Ive actually got a doctors appointment to check my blood pressure. This is not acceptable. BT are essentially in breach of contract as the installation was never completed.

Please could a moderator get on this case and help me out because I feel like I am stuck in a bottomless pit with no way out.

Regards

Sami Bekir

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Bad Installation. Terrible Customer Service. No solution in sight.

Hi Samibekir93

Send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile I have enabled it for you.

Please fill out the contact us form it will provide the information needed to help.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

According to your post here

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Bt-Infinity-2-Not-working-in-Essex-Braintre...

you said you had an engineer visit booked for 2nd April.

0 Ratings
Samibekir93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thankyou stuart for replying so quick. On the contact the mods form it asked for my account number. I have not been given any document with my phone number on it so I just put "NA99999999" That is not my account number. 

0 Ratings
Samibekir93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

According to your post here

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Bt-Infinity-2-Not-working-in-Essex-Braintre...

you said you had an engineer visit booked for 2nd April.

"If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, click the white star"

yes and if you read my post above it also says an engineer is booked in for the 2nd of april.... whats your point?

0 Ratings
Samibekir93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Without being rude to anyone else on here. This is a problem I am trying to get fixed. It is not only a situation I am trying to fix it is also a formal complaint against BT and there customer service. I have came on here because the Moderators are "British Advisors" Based in the UK who I assume are more qualified to help than the average advisor in India. I no this because I have been on the phone to approximately 20 different advisors over the last 5 days and each on of them have been either rude, Unhelpful, Illiterate, cut me off or just plain lied to me. So please no offence to anyone else on these forums but Stuart and the mods are clearly the only people That can help me. Thankyou.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 9

Won't the engineer come on April 2nd anyway?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

My point is that if you have an engineer already booked to attend to investigate what your fault is why post again. I'm pretty sure all that the moderators will do at this stage is to make sure that the engineer's appointment is scheduled correctly. If that does not happen then they may become more involved which is what I implied to you in your PM to me but apparently you were not happy with that answer.

0 Ratings
Samibekir93
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

If all the mods do at this stage is make sure the engineer is actually booked in thats fine because at this stage now i cant take anymore broken promises. For example when the engineer said he was going to return on the same day to finish the installation and he didn't, and when the BT advisor said the engineer was 30min away and he wasn't, and when the advisor said an openreach engineer was going to attend the property on the second day and he didn't. highly unprofessional. I also felt for my own case it is best to put it in writing to the mods so there is evidence of a problem that is growing and if it doesn't get resolved i have a log of events that the BT mods have been made aware of. Im not on here to make enemies I'm a very frustrated and stressed out customer.
0 Ratings