cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Banded Fibre

Go to solution

Hi

I was doing some DIY and had to connect and disconnect the router several times in a day. 

My Sync speed has dropped from 67mb to 60mb and this has also doubled the ping from 7ms to 15ms.

Broadband is now not so good with multiple users and online gaming. 

Can you please reset the line back to maximum please. The line is very stable and has been for years. 

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Banded Fibre

Go to solution

BT will not do a DLM reset if there is no fault. Because you have been turning your hub off and on DLM will have reduced your speed to try and maintain a stable connection.

If you have now stopped turning it off and on and the line is stable DLM will slowly increase your speed back to where it was. This can however on some occasions take a few weeks to happen.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Disconnecting the router has probably triggered a suspected fault alert. Leave it connected for 10 days and it'll resync itself

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If your connection is as stable as you say then just leaving the router alone and it should recover with any intervention 

with hindsight you should have just disconnected hub while you were working and reconnected when work completed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
All back as it should be, I can see the router rebooted last night and download and ping is as it should be. Cheers!
0 Ratings