Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 52

Banded Profile and Possible Congestion.

Hi there I'm having a couple of issues with my broadband,

Firstly, my profile seems to be banded to 30Mb exactly, whereas my max sync speed is closer to 35, in fact if I check the WAN logs it shows it connecting at the max sync speed rate but then it's always banded to 30.

This has been happening since the end of last summer shortly after a fault was fixed on the line, it was then banded to 25 Mb for months until the end of January when I switched from a Home hub 5 to a Smart Hub and within a couple of days it increased from 25 to 30 and has been stuck there ever since.

Here are my router stats:

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ71726102

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

28-Jan-2019

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

10 Days, 22 Hours 44 Minutes 1 Seconds

Data rate:

6.56 Mbps / 30.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

6563 / 34258

Noise margin:

6 dB / 7.9 dB

Line attenuation:

24.5 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

29497 MB Uploaded / 256827 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-7R23

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 11

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-7R23

5 GHz wireless channel:

Channel 48

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

F4:6B:EF:43:DF:49

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
51 REPLIES 51
Contributor
Message 2 of 52

Re: Banded Profile and Possible Congestion.

Secondly, my connection seems to be congested, especially during peak evening hours on Friday and Saturday. My connection is all over the place, especially my upload speeds and ping times and buffer bloat.

Streaming videos works for the most part but online gaming becomes impossible, playing Apex Legends my ping to the London servers goes from roughly 15ms to 70+ with packet loss, and I'll get booted from the majority of games with an "out of sync with the server" message.

I'm on the Ashby de la Zouch Exchange and cabinet 21.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 52

enter your phone number and post results  delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

check for line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 52

Screenshot 2019-03-08 at 14.55.39.pngUntitled.pngUntitled 2.png

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 52

Hi there, 

thanks for the reply, 

I've posted a screenshot of my result,s one from today, 25ish, and then one from last night, 15ish Mbs.

I also keep getting a TAP3 error message a lot of the time when trying to run the further diagnostics on the speed test.

When I do the quiet line test I hear a quiet phone like hum and quieter than that background hiss. I'm confused if that's normal or not as some people say it should be completely silent while others say there should be some faint noise.

Bit of further info, but if I do a DSLreports speed test my upload speed graph fluctuates wildly from 2-6 Mbps and the buffer bloat can hit 600ms+, in addition I'm getting high and fluctauting ping results to different countries whereas before they would all be low and consistent.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 52

was btspeedtester run with ethernet connection?

if you tried quiet line test from test socket and are getting line noise then you need to report a phone fault to 151  if using a cordless phone instead of corded then often people hear a dull hum but no hiss

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 52

Yes they were run over ethernet.

Ok, if there should be no sound at all I'll ring for an engineer, I'm just a bit worried they'll come out and then find nothing and charge me £150.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 52

You will not be charged if there is no fault found.

The charge only applies if the fault is with your equipment or the wiring after the master socket for more information see link.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/~/engineer-charges

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 52

Hello again,

I had an engineer round this morning to look at the line, he said the noise on the line was within normal parameters and passed all of the tests. I asked about doing a DLM reset and he said he couldn't do it as he had been called out to deal with line noise, not the broadband.

He said one of my options is to possibly get a broadband engineer to do a line reset and/or look at where the errors are on the line.

So I was wondering is it possible for the mods to do a reset on the line to see if that solves the stuck profile, before I go to the hassle of getting another engineer out?

My line stats are still the same as posted, and I've figured out the 'congestion' problem is the same issue as in a lot of other threads, if I have Netflix running I suffer huge ping spikes making online gaming impossible, which worked fine a couple of months ago, BT is currently ignoring this issue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 52

do you still get line noise when you do the quiet line test - it should be totally silent

post your current hub stats

0 Ratings