cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 52

Re: Banded Profile and Possible Congestion.

Hi @0123456789,

You profile is showing as being on our 55/10 profile which means that the speeds aren't being banded/restricted. Your download speed range is showing as being between 23Mb-36Mb so the current speeds do seem to be about the best that you can get.

The BT Wholesale availability checker seems to be removed at the moment but this is the information I have:

Downstream  Mbps Upstream Mbps

High                  Low     High            Low

Clean                40                      25      7.8               5.4

Impacted        38                      21      7.7               5

Since the 1st of April until the 12th of April I can see 6 changes made by DLM, mainly changes to the noise margin to help keep the connection stable.

I also ran a line test today and it’s coming back as being stable with no adverse line test history.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 32 of 52

Hello again @DanielS 

Just had my 4th resync since we last spoke, the speed dropped down to 32, 31, 31 respectively and now this:

Screenshot 2019-04-19 at 05.48.11.png

These are DSL resysncs, the router uptime is 10 days+

So I think I'm back to banding. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 52

you line stats don't show as if banded - don't know why you keep posting about banding.  if your line is dropping connection as often as you say then there is a line problem and needs fixed  your connection speed currently is just below attainable and within your expected speed range

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 34 of 52

Hi there, @DanielS 

Sorry to be a pain, but I've had a couple more resyncs since my last post and I'm now down to this:

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 07.23.20.png

Which is out of my expected speed range. I've tried a standard line engineer who said the line wasn't noisy enough, I've tried a DLM reset which didn't help as obviosuly there is still a line fault somewhere. What's the next step a Boost Engineer?

For reference, my next door neighbour who is close to and equidistant from the distribution point as me gets a sync of 38 with low SNR targets. They have practically the same expected speeds as me too.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 52

are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves/stabilises your conenction?  if in test socket can you hear any noise whatsoever on the quiet line test

your neighbour's conenction is a guide but your pair of wires are different to his and may produce different results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor
Message 36 of 52

Hi there,

Ok, turned the broadband off for over 30 minutes to not upset the DLM and reconnected to the test socket with a filter:

Screenshot 2019-04-24 at 12.31.51.png

It's connected at exactly the same speed, and yes the faint noise on the line was there when tested on the test socket, with or without the filter.

I'll leave it there for the time being to see what happens.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 52

leaving in test socket might help stability but not sure it will help if you can still hear noise on quiet line test - it should be silent.  I think you are going to need an engineer visit before you will get back to previous speed

Message 38 of 52

Hi @0123456789,

I will be in the office over the weekend and I can look into this for you then if you still have issues.

I'll check for a reply from you on Saturday when I'm here Smiley Happy

Any issues before then please let us know so one of my buddies here can help.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Contributor
Message 39 of 52

Hi @DanielS 

My connection has remained the same since my last post.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 52

so your line is now stable since moving to test socket?

0 Ratings