cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 41 of 52

Re: Banded Profile and Possible Congestion.

Yes, well 2 days and 21 hours stable.

It could of just coincidentally found the highest stable sync speed it can achieve at this level, as each resync happened overnight and resulted in a lower sync speed with a higher noise margin for the most part.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 52

still got the line noise?  or have you had that fixed now?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 43 of 52

Yes I still have line noise.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 52

until you get the line fixed and get rid of the noise you are not going to make any progress towards a stable connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 45 of 52

Hi @0123456789,

I'm sorry that this still isn't fixed. I called you and left a voicemail.

I've tested your line and the tests aren't bringing back any results for a noisy line. Does it happen at a particular time or all the time? Would you be available later during the week for an engineer appointment to test your telephone line?

Thanks
DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 46 of 52

Hi @DanielS 

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away. 

There's constant line noise as far as I can tell, that being said I wouldn't say the line is 'noisy', but it's definitely not silent. There could be intermittent noise on top of that which is causing the issue, but I haven't caught it, I'll do some random spot checks over the weekend to see if I hear any. 

I can accomodate an engineer visit pretty much anytime over the next couple of weeks, except for the 8th as the power will be off all day due to 'supply works'. My only issue is would it be a boost engineer? as when I had a line engineer out a month ago all his tests came back normal and I feel I'd probably be wasting everyones time with another.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 52

Hi @0123456789,

I hope you had a good time away.

If you notice noise without your Hub connected then a line engineer should, in theory, be the best person to find and fix any potential fault. That would point towards it being a line fault. However; if the issue is primarily broadband related then we can of course get you a Boost engineer out.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 48 of 52

Hi @DanielS 

Yes, the noise is still present with the hub unconnected, I agree that a line engineer should in theory be the right call. However, the previous line engineer found the noise acceptable from a phone usage perspective and said he couldn't really be out in the distiribution point or cabinet looking for a fault when he's been called for landline fault and not a broadband one and has found the line noise to be acceptable. 

I'm only really concerned with the broadband speed as the landline itself is rarely used.

I'm not 100% sure on the difference between the engineers as the internet contains conflicting information, but I believe boost engineers aren't time restricted and are therefore more willing to try trial and error fixes? Either way I'm happy to do whatever you think is the best shot at getting it fixed.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 49 of 52

That engineer needs retraining. There is no acceptable line noise.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 52

It doesn't really matter if you use the landline rarely it is the fact that there is line noise which is affecting your broadband connection and until that is fixed your not going to get the broadband connection you are looking for

0 Ratings