Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Banded Profile or something driving lower than expected speeds - please help

Hi all,

I've had some recent issues with connection speeds and think i'm now on a banded profile or something is causing the drop in speeds.

I am connected directly into the test socket using a filter (have tried 2) and my downstream data rate does not move.  We don't normally use a landline phone so could prob leave it here permanently if required.

My usual setup is a double front plate, but tried the old faceplate with filter and still the same.

Low DSL uptime due to testing (quiet line, filters, etc).

On speedtest, i'm getting 9-10mb if i'm lucky.speedtest.jpg

BT wholesale test looks to be on the blink again.

wholesale.jpg

On bt website test, it identifies an issue, takes me through all the testing.  asks me to use the test socket (which i'm already in) then says everything is fine and must be an issue with my home setup?  There is nothing plugged in elsewhere, we don't use our extension sockets but i have tested them when i'm in the test socket and they are all dead as expected.

Quiet line test all ok

Thanks in advance,

alan 

Tech Log.jpgadsl.jpgbt report.jpg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Banded Profile or something driving lower than expected speeds - please help

How are you connecting? Wired, wireless or via powerline adaptors?

Your stats show a connection of 18Mb.

alan_mc
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Re: Banded Profile or something driving lower than expected speeds - please help

I have complete wifi, however, i connected ethernet cable and got the below (ran it a couple of time)

wired.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

as @pippincp said you have 18mb connection speed which is within estimated range according to dslchecker results  you are not in any banded profile

can you try btspeedtester again with wired conenction and see if you get better results then last time  run diagnostic test after first test completes

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

diagnostic test wont run, but results below using enet.

thing is my wifi was a solid 18mb before all this, i get that wired more stronger, but my master socket doesnt allow for this, hence why signing up to complete wifi to ensure coverage.

if anything, ive got worse coverage now than before

wholesale 2.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

your download speed are consistent with your conenction speeds and from your stats look fine

try changing the network channels manually and see if that helps your wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
alan_mc
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

will do, will try them individually and report back.

does this then cast doubts on the "smart" channel selection functionality?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

there is no 'doubt' on the smart channel just sometime selecting channel manually can help

0 Ratings