Is anybody able to help please?
Just over a year ago my Smarthub went into melt down and started rebooting multiple times and my Indinity 2 connection speeds went from 72 to around 56Mbps. I replaced my Smarthub and since then eberything has been totally stable but despite the helpful advice here the speed never recovered. My new hub only reboots for firmware updates and external requests so something seems to be wrong. I have done quiet line tests and gone through line checks etc with BT but it seems locked on this lower speed. These are my hub stats:
BT Hub 6A
6 Days, 14 Hours 9 Minutes 2 Seconds
20.00 Mbps / 60.00 Mbps
24094 / 75820
15.2 dB / 9.8 dB
22423 MB Uploaded / 43481 MB Downloaded
Smart (Channel 6)
Smart (Channel 36)
My DSLchecker data is:
Telephone Number --------------- on Exchange BATTERSEA is served by Cabinet 23
Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper High Low High Low Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings Availability Date Premise environmentStatus
|VDSL Range A (Clean)||80||70.6||20||19||62.9||Available||--||--|
|VDSL Range B (Impacted)||80||63.6||20||19||49||Available||--||--|
|FTTP on Demand||330||30||--||Available||--||--|
|WBC ADSL 2+||Up to 17||--||10 to 19.5||Available||--||--|
|WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M||Up to 17||Up to 1.5||10 to 19.5||Available||--||--|
|ADSL Max||Up to 7.5||--||6.5 to 8||Available||--||--|
|WBC Fixed Rate||2||--||--||Available||--||--|
|Last Test Date||20-05-2017|
your connection time is only 6 days so something ths causing connection to drop. there would have been a reset of 14/1 when the firmware updated
unfortunately the mods at present can't request a DLM reset
edited thanks @pippincp
The last boot 6 days ago was finger trouble on my part when I pulled the wrong plug out of the wall sockets. This does seem to be a Catch 22 situation where everybody tells me nothing can be done..... I am clearly getting very frustrated after waiting over a year for DLM to sort this out with no sign of a line problem.
There is a problem somewhere as your hub shows a good max connection but your noise margin @9.8 means there is or has been an issue.
Have you any noise on your line? Ring 17070 option 2 with a corded phone preferably, any noise report a line fault on 151, don't mention broadband.
If there's no nosie try the smarthub again and report back. You may get a few resets as it updates firmware.
Thank you, I've checked again but there is still no noise on the line or any other indicator of problems other than the low speed compared to my sync speed.
and just to add to my last, I am using a Smarthub, just a different one to the one that caused the original problems.
Look at the data rate, it's exactly 60!.
I looked at op previous posts about this fault and the data rate was exactly 60 then.
The noise margin is high because that's the highest rate it can sync at, because it's banded, if the banding was released the margin would lower and it would be syncing in the 70's
Maybe the op will get a reset after the 19th of this month!
If the banding has been applied for so long it would suggest there is an underlying problem and until that is found and rectified any reset of the DLM is pointless I think that is the intention when you read the article on ISP REVIEW and not just like adsl when banding was often released without fixing the cause of the banding