Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchodgson
Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Banded for over a year - please help

Is anybody able to help please?

Just over a year ago my Smarthub went into melt down and started rebooting multiple times and my Indinity 2 connection speeds went from 72 to around 56Mbps.  I replaced my Smarthub and since then eberything has been totally stable but despite the helpful advice here the speed never recovered.  My new hub only reboots for firmware updates and external requests so something seems to be wrong.  I have done quiet line tests and gone through line checks etc with BT but it seems locked on this lower speed.  These are my hub stats:

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ64141602

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522

Firmware updated:

14-Jan-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

6 Days, 14 Hours 9 Minutes 2 Seconds

Data rate:

20.00 Mbps / 60.00 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

24094 / 75820

Noise margin:

15.2 dB / 9.8 dB

Line attenuation:

11.2 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

22423 MB Uploaded / 43481 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-XPCH

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 6)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-XPCH

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

AC:84:C9:AD:3B:79

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

My DSLchecker data is:

Telephone Number --------------- on Exchange BATTERSEA is served by Cabinet 23

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in Jumper  High Low High Low        Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date   ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date Left in JumperOther Offerings     Availability Date   Premise environmentStatus
VDSL Range A (Clean)8070.6201962.9Available---- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)8063.6201949Available---- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 17--10 to 19.5Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 17Up to 1.510 to 19.5Available---- 
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
Fixed Rate2 ----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapN      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date20-05-2017    
0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: Banded for over a year - please help

your connection time is only 6 days so something ths causing connection to drop. there would have been a reset of 14/1 when the firmware updated

unfortunately the mods at present can't request a DLM reset

edited thanks @pippincp

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 26

Smiley Very HappyCan't

tchodgson
Contributor
Message 4 of 26

The last boot 6 days ago was finger trouble on my part when I pulled the wrong plug out of the wall sockets.  This does seem to be a Catch 22 situation where everybody tells me nothing can be done..... I am clearly getting very frustrated after waiting over a year for DLM to sort this out with no sign of a line problem.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 26

There is a problem somewhere as your hub shows a good max connection but your noise margin @9.8 means there is or has been an issue.

Have you any noise on your line? Ring 17070 option 2 with a corded phone preferably, any noise report a line fault on 151, don't mention broadband.

If there's no nosie try the smarthub again and report back. You may get a few resets as it updates firmware.

0 Ratings
tchodgson
Contributor
Message 6 of 26

Thank you, I've checked again but there is still no noise on the line or any other indicator of problems other than the low speed compared to my sync speed.

0 Ratings
tchodgson
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

and just to add to my last, I am using a Smarthub, just a different one to the one that caused the original problems.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Mikegl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 26

Look at the data rate, it's exactly 60!.

I looked at op previous posts about this fault and the data rate was exactly 60 then.

The noise margin is high because that's the highest rate it can sync at, because it's banded, if the banding was released the margin would lower and it would be syncing in the 70's

Maybe the op will get a reset after the 19th of this month!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 26

If the banding has been applied for so long it would suggest there is an underlying problem and until that is found and rectified any reset of the DLM is pointless   I think that is the intention when you read the article on ISP REVIEW and not just like adsl when banding was often released without fixing the cause of the banding

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 26

@imjolly wrote:

unfortunately the mods at present can't request a DLM reset

I believe ISPs can now request a DLM reset.

0 Ratings