Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black_Infinity
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 36

Re: Banded or Not ??

Go to solution

I take your point. I was just asking the question regarding banding and following on from that , providing the information that David had asked for.

4.jpg

My line has been very stable so I thought that I should NOT be banded ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 36

Go to solution
They reason your like has been stable is because it is banded... if it's only recently been banded then DLM thinks it needs it. DLM looks at many parameters of the line, not just length of time it's been in sync for.

With no noise margin to play with, you're not going to get any faster speeds.

You're well within the expected range of speeds for your line.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Black_Infinity
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 36

Go to solution

Thanks for all help and comments

0 Ratings
Black_Infinity
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 36

Banded connection.

Go to solution

Just a follow up from my previous post regarding this subject.

If my line is banded , will it always remain that way or will DLM continue to monitor the line and take action if things stabilise ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 36

Re: Banded connection.

Go to solution

DLM is extremely reluctant to remove banding, there is far to much hysteresis in the system. It is very quick to react but very slow to relent. In theory if your line remains very stable with a low error rate, banding will be removed. However, in practice it doesn't seem to happen.

Black_Infinity
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 36

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I'll keep an eye on it and see how things progress with time.

0 Ratings
Black_Infinity
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 36

Go to solution

Hello again

I've been keeping an eye on this and over the last few days things have changed dramatically !

19_05_2017.jpg

One day later

20_05_2017.jpg

Another day later

21_05_2017.jpg

And again

22_05_2017.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here please ??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 36

Go to solution

You are obviously getting a lot of disconnections on your line looking at the DSL uptime, DLM has acted accordingly. Until you get the problem fixed, nothing will improve.

Black_Infinity
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 36

Go to solution

Up untill 19/5/2017 my line had been very stable and as can be seen from the posts earlier in this thread , it had actually been banded. The only interruption in the connection would have been a power cut which lasted for a few seconds only.

The recent disconnections have happened during the night which I believe is when DLM usually takes action if required.

I cannot explain the drop in speed only that it coincides with an increase in "noise margin" on the download side.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 36

Go to solution

@Black_Infinity wrote:

Up untill 19/5/2017 my line had been very stable and as can be seen from the posts earlier in this thread , it had actually been banded. The only interruption in the connection would have been a power cut which lasted for a few seconds only.

The line would have been banded for a reason.

The recent disconnections have happened during the night which I believe is when DLM usually takes action if required.

I guess its hard to tell if the disconnections are cause or effect.

I cannot explain the drop in speed only that it coincides with an increase in "noise margin" on the download side.

It will do, a decrease in speed will cause an increase in noise margin, this is how DLM works. It decreases the speed in order to give more margin to stabilise the connection.

How frequent are the disconnections in the event log?