Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 99

Banding 'stuck' or just impatient me?

Hi

I've had a good link on SH6 at about 74 down and 13 up with SNR of 3.1 and 6.1 respectively.

20191229_122148.jpg

Router was swapped a couple of weeks ago for Draytek 2862ac but this router had a faulty DSL port and DLM has stepped in.  Router has been replaced, unit is in and DSL has been stable for some 39 hours now but line still seems banded up and down.

Slvrbck_12-1577628495237.png

Slvrbck_2-1577627214514.png

(Looks like a Huawei)

I was interested to see the 'Test Mode' status DRIVER where normally I would see DISABLED?

-more

Slvrbck_3-1577627374177.png

Is a line profile soft reset appropriate?  

0 Ratings
98 REPLIES 98
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 99

Re: Banding 'stuck' or just impatient me?

20191229_130252small.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 99

It may be stuck but it's too early to tell.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 99

Thanks for the reply.

What is considered a reasonable wait time - assuming line stays clean?

Any info on 'Test Mode' - DRIVER?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 99

@Slvrbck wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

What is considered a reasonable wait time - assuming line stays clean? I would expect to see improvement within 7 days.

Any info on 'Test Mode' - DRIVER? You'll have to ask Draytek.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 99

Interesting your attainable speed is only 57mb with your new router.  Any banding does not affect attainable only actual speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 99

Yeah...I'm expecting / hoping that the attainable will improve as the SNR comes down.  I'm assuming the DLM has increased the SNR as well as banding because of the trouble the first Draytek caused on the line.  I was getting around 74mbits down before the change with an SNR of 3.1db .  I'm about 500m from the cabinet. The new Draytek on the latest BT approved firmware and on the default modem code.  I think G.INP is active and vectoring is not. I can pull the SNR down but I'm unwilling to until the DLM is happy again.

As for asking Draytek about the Test Mode status... I have but I'm not holding my breath for an answer...

I'm guessing the Test Mode thingy is being reported from the Huawei line card so was hoping somebody might know... I can read up on the Huawei stuff but there are only so many hours in the day... 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 99

You cannot pull SNR down. If that were possible then you would be overiding DLM and I don't think Openreach would be very happy with that.

The Draytek SNR adjustment is just smoke and mirrors and is only useful on internal networks.

G.INP takes 10 - 14 days to kick back in and only if DLM has relented,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 99

I bet to differ.  The Draytek gives the option of 'delta adjustment' on the downstream.  Available is a delta of -50 to +50, which equates to about +5db to -5db on down stream SNR.  The link speed adjusts as expected.  Of course if the SNR is pulled down and errors are introduced than I expect the DLS will step in.  I would demonstrate this but at the moment I don't want to be screwing around with stuff until the DLM is happy.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 99

It's my understanding that ReTxEnabled = 1 is G.INP enabled but I would be happily corrected.

0 Ratings