cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 99

Re: Banding 'stuck' or just impatient me?

G.INP was active hence why you had a speed above estimated range. All your drops/resets when changing router your lost the G.INP and also the speed improvement that gave.  Dropping the noise margin won't improve your attainable and you really need to maintain a stable connection at let the DLM reduce you noise margin. And improve speed. This could take a few weeks

your current speed is within your expected range from the dslchecker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 12 of 99

@Slvrbck wrote:

It's my understanding that ReTxEnabled = 1 is G.INP enabled but I would be happily corrected.

That reports enabled at the cab not active.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 13 of 99

@Slvrbck wrote:

I bet to differ.  The Draytek gives the option of 'delta adjustment' on the downstream.  Available is a delta of -50 to +50, which equates to about +5db to -5db on down stream SNR.  The link speed adjusts as expected.  Of course if the SNR is pulled down and errors are introduced than I expect the DLS will step in.  I would demonstrate this but at the moment I don't want to be screwing around with stuff until the DLM is happy.

I've yet to see anyone on a VDSL connection show any success with this. ADSL yes.

Go for it, I'm happy to be proved wrong.😃

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 99

Could you expand the explanation for me pls?

RxTxEnabled = 1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 99

Ewwwww....  at the cost is two line resets...

Screenshot_20191229-223908_JuiceSSH-0.jpg

SNR delta -50

Note far end (down) = 0 db

Attainable 73.4mbits/sec

Banding still in place.

I quickly switched back - notice the attainable on up had not stabilise when I took the screen dump

I'd would appreciate your thought.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 16 of 99

@Slvrbck wrote:

Could you expand the explanation for me pls?

RxTxEnabled = 1

In what way? What part of the difference between enabled and active don't you understand?

Please don't think I'm being awkward or anything like that, that is not my intention.

On another note, still waiting for evidence of user modem SNR control being successful/beneficial on a VDSL connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 17 of 99

See you didn't have success with your SNR control, don't say you weren't warned.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 99

No I don't think you awkward.  Forums are a difficult medium at times.

Sorry, perhaps I'm being stupid.  Do you think ReTxEnabled = 1 means G.INP enabled or something else?

I'm unclear as to your interpretation after shifting the SNR delta.  The SNR shows as 0bd with an increase in the attainable figure.  The actual bandwidth is held back by the banding.  I'm unsure how this shows no effect. Without the banding I think actual link speed would increase...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 99

lol so we agree on that. G.INP is active on line 🙂

Reference - https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-dsl-ginp

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 99

Interesting that the Test Mode has moved from DRIVER back to DISABLE...

0 Ratings