cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sage
Message 61 of 97

Re: Banding 'stuck' or just impatient me?

Power cut reboots can be solved with a UPS. You say you can't show network uptime, an SH2 will.

Do you change them? Not my decision. That said showing a stable connection gives a case for a possible DLM reset or if unstable then further investigation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 62 of 97

I've just look back through my screenshots:

Approx. 2300 ES  in 35 days.

So about 3,000,000 second.

Which would be a Mean Time Between ES of about 1300.

Info I see say ILQ green if MTBE is above 250 and if MTBR is above 4.6 hours... which I must be...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 63 of 97

Sorry another misunderstanding:

When I said "its been hard to show the router has been up for any significant period."  I meant the occasional restart and power outage obviously causes the router to reset the up-time counter so I could not show to this forum a significant period of up-time in a screenshot.  I can see both WAN and system uptime with the Draytek.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 64 of 97

I was not considering needing a UPS in a home environment... but I can probably justify the expense to myself... but install would necessitate a restart... So I'd find myself staring at a charged UPS waiting for a power cut... Whaaaaaaaa! 😉
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 65 of 97

@Slvrbck wrote:

Sorry another misunderstanding:

When I said "its been hard to show the router has been up for any significant period."  I meant the occasional restart and power outage obviously causes the router to reset the up-time counter so I could not show to this forum a significant period of up-time in a screenshot.  I can see both WAN and system uptime with the Draytek.

No misunderstanding at all. More than once the lack of connection time has been commented on only to be ignored.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 66 of 97

"Because of the frequency distribution of download/upload on VDSL, it could be an interfering source just affecting one of the upload bands, perhaps the top end one?"

I'm not clear how I would test for this... I can see the Tone Information and the Frequency Bins but I'm not sure at the moment what I can draw from any of this.  Although I understand the underlying physics, I've never needed to get into any Physical Layer stuff for anything much, everything has been data-link upwards for me really... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 67 of 97

Frequency distribution, if it helps?

adsl vdsl spectrum.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 68 of 97

"No misunderstanding at all. More than once the lack of connection time has been commented on only to be ignored."

Fair point.

I know the router is not constantly being restarted, it's just been difficult to prove on here - as I said above - but I understand the mistrust...

It's just that from what I see and understand the DLM shouldn't be unhappy with my line now.

Hopefully no power outages in the near future... but if investing in a UPS is what it takes to show enough stability I'll order one...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 69 of 97

I get lots of short power cuts, but most of my stuff except the PC, runs off a float charged 12v battery.

The computer. monitor and a couple of other things are fed via an APC UPS.

Here is one suggestion APC BE400-UK Back-UPS 400VA.

I have the older 550VA unit which is still going strong. Only one battery change.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 70 of 97

I think the point about internet connection time is that it does not need a power cut to drop connection whereas system uptime shows time since router last reset which is different.  so you could have numerous drops in internet connection between system resets

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings