cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 71 of 97

Re: Banding 'stuck' or just impatient me?

"Frequency distribution, if it helps?"

Thanks.

I see that pattern in what the router presents as 'Tone Information' (without the optional range) but I'm not sure I'm putting it all the together with the frequency information about the 17a Profile yet...

Freq1.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 72 of 97

"one suggestion APC BE400-UK Back-UPS 400VA."

Thanks ,the bigger APC units have always done well at work... I've just been looking at the BE700 as it's only about £20 more than the 400.  Form factor doesn't really suit the position it will be in tho...

Also looking at Salicru but don't have any experience with them...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 73 of 97

"I think the point about internet connection time is that it does not need a power cut to drop connection whereas system uptime shows time since router last reset which is different.  so you could have numerous drops in internet connection between system resets"

Sure.  What I think I have available to monitor for drops is the "Xdsl Link Times" in stats which I'm guessing is retrains(?) since last PPPoE connect and the WAN "Up Time" in WAN Stats which I guess is the PPPoE up time.  Any info gratefully accepted.

2020-01-27 (1).png2020-01-27 (3).png

If it is lack of connection stability, the question remains  'why now, is it the Draytek?'

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 74 of 97

OK so it seems:

"Xdsl Link Times is DSL" is the number times the DSL Interface has reconnected since last power cycle.

But the WAN Status "Up Time" figure is bases on the PPP link.  The WAN connection is set on the router to "Always on" and  "PPP Detect".

WAN Status "Up Time" should reset when PPP is dropped because an "LCP Time Out" is sent by the PPP Link Control Protocol.

Presumably this is the important counter to watch?  I'm I missing anything here?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 75 of 97

OK Tone / frequency info makes sense:

17a - 17.664MHz Bandwidth

4096 Carriers @ 4.3125Khz

So graph shows bits per carrier channel.

Freq1.jpg

But not sure what can be drawn from this.  I see an expected dropping off in bits as frequency increases and notice the top end of the spectrum is not being utilised.  Can anybody expand?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 76 of 97

Is vectoring or G.Vector (G.993.5) enabled / active on  the Huawai Cabs?  Is there any way to confirm the status specifically  on the the cab I'm connect to?

My Draytek has "G.Vector = ON" but the router does not report vectoring as active.  Is it fair to assume vectoring is not active (or enabled) on this cabinet?

The reason I ask is, I see ppl reporting connection dropout problems with Draytek 130 where the cabinet has vectoring off but the modem has it on and ppl report improvements when the modem also is set to off... 

The other thought is whether vectoring might be enabled in the future. I see that BT seem to be pushing G.fast / FTTP and and don't seem to have any plans for a general roll-out of vectoring support (outside of specific reasons)

Can anybody help / comment?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 77 of 97

Vectoring is only in use in a very small part of the network, G.INP is used in the rest. There are no plans to roll out vectoring across the network so you may as well turn it off.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 78 of 97

Excellent. Thanks for the info 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 79 of 97

So... WAN (PPP) has been up for nearly 10 days now.

I'm currently stroking a HG612 3B.

What's that advice? Stick with the 2862 to X more day or swap the HG612 in?  And what might X be in this equation?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 80 of 97

?

0 Ratings